cooll

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2002

dhlucke

Polypheme
<A HREF="http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=5TWHrAmrkSWHl0kx7WaNp0anKkAD6bqIPXc=?CategoryName=cpu_Sony_PCAccessories_CD/DVDBurn_DVDBurners&Dept=cpu&TemplateName=item/sy_item_b&ProductSKU=DRU700A" target="_new">Read the FAQ on your left to make your url clickable</A>

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>
Nov. 6, 1971: "I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals"

- John Kerry, a Presidential Candidate

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Maybe this is a dumb question, but who will bring dual layer DVD-R/RW media to the market? When will it happen?

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

Mitsubishi Chemical (aka VERBATIM) already has the media. They supply it for the Phillips drives, and likely the DVD that ships with the Sony(s) will be theirs too since Phillips and Sony have such a close relationship. Expect many others to enter the market too. I would expect the Usual suspects of Maxell, Memorex and Fuji to either distribute their own or rebranded media.

They should be in stores by June/July.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: