Hi there

Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access the
internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
something bogus.

Thanks

If you have not just installed new hardware or new software you know darn
well that it is a bogus message. Go there at your own risk!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Balony" <Balony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
> installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access
> the
> internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
> something bogus.
>
> Thanks

"Balony" <Balony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
> installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access
> the
> internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
> something bogus.
>
> Thanks

What have you changed? Is anything not working?

=?Utf-8?B?QmFsb255?= <Balony@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
>installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access the
>internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
>something bogus.

I searched for a while with google. Lots of places around the world
report having entdrv51.sys on their systems but I wasn't able to find
any web page declaring this to be net scum or any web page declaring
which manufacturer this might be a driver for.

BUT during the google search for emtdrv51 it found:
http://forums.thetechguys.com/archive/index.php/t-10681.html
and when I opened that page the alarms went of showing that
this web page was dumping the Bloodhound.Exploit.6 onto my machine.

So watch out out there, there are net scum.

I just went to your posted link. It appears to be totally innocuous!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Don Taylor" <dont@agora.rdrop.com> wrote in message
> =?Utf-8?B?QmFsb255?= <Balony@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>>Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
>>installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access
>>the
>>internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
>>something bogus.
>
> I searched for a while with google. Lots of places around the world
> report having entdrv51.sys on their systems but I wasn't able to find
> any web page declaring this to be net scum or any web page declaring
> which manufacturer this might be a driver for.
>
> BUT during the google search for emtdrv51 it found:
> http://forums.thetechguys.com/archive/index.php/t-10681.html
> and when I opened that page the alarms went of showing that
> this web page was dumping the Bloodhound.Exploit.6 onto my machine.
>
> So watch out out there, there are net scum.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Not meaning to sound rude, but I typed "EntDrv51" in www.google.com and came
up with 45 web sites mentioning "EntDrv51" .
Try to do a little research on your own before clogging the "Group"

Best Wishes

"Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message
> Not meaning to sound rude, but I typed "EntDrv51" in www.google.com and
> came

> up with 45 web sites mentioning "EntDrv51" .
> Try to do a little research on your own before clogging the "Group"

Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would be
natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is what this
group is for.

It doesn't really matter as the person has not come back in 12 hours to give
us more information.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Technical Ecstasy" <Sabbath@Ozzy.com> wrote in message
> "Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message
>> Not meaning to sound rude, but I typed "EntDrv51" in www.google.com and
>> came
>
>> up with 45 web sites mentioning "EntDrv51" .
>> Try to do a little research on your own before clogging the "Group"
>
> Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would be
> natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is what
> this group is for.

True

> There are at least 13 pages that describe that file on google, no need for
> the OP to even post here.

I will repeat what I said previosly in case you did not understand.

Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would be
natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is what this
group is for.

Some people have a life, and there are no time limits. Perhaps he has a life
away from his computer?

> It doesn't really matter as the person has not come back in 12 hours to
> give us more information.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "Technical Ecstasy" <Sabbath@Ozzy.com> wrote in message
>> "Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message
>>> Not meaning to sound rude, but I typed "EntDrv51" in www.google.com and
>>> came
>>
>>> up with 45 web sites mentioning "EntDrv51" .
>>> Try to do a little research on your own before clogging the "Group"
>>
>> Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would
>> be natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is
>> what this group is for.

True

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> Some people have a life, and there are no time limits. Perhaps he has a
> life away from his computer?

>> It doesn't really matter as the person has not come back in 12 hours to
>> give us more information.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>>
>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>

>> "Technical Ecstasy" <Sabbath@Ozzy.com> wrote in message
>>> "Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would
>>> be natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is
>>> what this group is for.

Erm, look guys, I wasn't trying to upset people! Haven't had chance to get on
my PC for a while.

The problem seems to have occured when my other half pressed buttons on my
firewall (ZoneAlarm) and when i next booted my PC this message was coming up.
All I really wanted to know is if EntDrv51 was an actual piece of hardware
for my PC that may have become unstable and, obviously, if it DID need
re-installing. Also, my PC is running at less than half the speed it was a
week ago, which further made me think the hardware was needed.

Anyway, I have not installed it but if anyone knows how I can stop the
installation message at startup that would be cool.

Peace to all!

Balony.

"Technical Ecstasy" wrote:

> "Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message
> > There are at least 13 pages that describe that file on google, no need for
> > the OP to even post here.
>
> I will repeat what I said previosly in case you did not understand.
>

> Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would be
> natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is what this
> group is for.

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Zone Alarm. Do not choose the option
to save your settings(a clean install) when promoted.

> Erm, look guys, I wasn't trying to upset people! Haven't had chance to get
> on
> my PC for a while.
>
> The problem seems to have occured when my other half pressed buttons on my
> firewall (ZoneAlarm) and when i next booted my PC this message was coming
> up.
> All I really wanted to know is if EntDrv51 was an actual piece of hardware
> for my PC that may have become unstable and, obviously, if it DID need
> re-installing. Also, my PC is running at less than half the speed it was a
> week ago, which further made me think the hardware was needed.
>
> Anyway, I have not installed it but if anyone knows how I can stop the
> installation message at startup that would be cool.
>
> Peace to all!
>
> Balony.
>

> "Technical Ecstasy" wrote:
>

>> "Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message
>> > There are at least 13 pages that describe that file on google, no need
>> > for
>> > the OP to even post here.
>>
>> I will repeat what I said previosly in case you did not understand.
>>

>> Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would
>> be
>> natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is what
>> this
>> group is for.

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Balony wrote on Sat, 25 Jun 2005:

>Hi there
>
>Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
>installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access the
>internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
>something bogus.
>
>Thanks

Hi Balony

It seems to be part of McAfee Managed VirusScan -- did you ever have
that on your computer? I found this at:
http://betavscan.mcafeeasap.com/beta/docs/readme/Readme.txt

7. Uninstall of Managed VirusScan following a clean install without
rebooting the system leaves behind the following two files. -
EntAPI.dll file in the %WinDir%\System32 folder - EntDrv##.sys file in
the %WinDir%\System32\drivers folder. Subsequent installation using the
VSsetup program fails unless these files are manually removed. [215268]

--
Nightowl

That didn't work, sorry.

"Technical Ecstasy" wrote:

> Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Zone Alarm. Do not choose the option
> to save your settings(a clean install) when promoted.
>

> "Balony" <Balony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Erm, look guys, I wasn't trying to upset people! Haven't had chance to get
> > on
> > my PC for a while.
> >
> > The problem seems to have occured when my other half pressed buttons on my
> > firewall (ZoneAlarm) and when i next booted my PC this message was coming
> > up.
> > All I really wanted to know is if EntDrv51 was an actual piece of hardware
> > for my PC that may have become unstable and, obviously, if it DID need
> > re-installing. Also, my PC is running at less than half the speed it was a
> > week ago, which further made me think the hardware was needed.
> >
> > Anyway, I have not installed it but if anyone knows how I can stop the
> > installation message at startup that would be cool.
> >
> > Peace to all!
> >
> > Balony.
> >

> > "Technical Ecstasy" wrote:
> >

> >> "Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I will repeat what I said previosly in case you did not understand.
> >>

> >> Yeah and not one of them clearly describes what EntDrv51 is so it would
> >> be
> >> natural for the OP to post here to find a solution because that is what
> >> this
> >> group is for.

Thanks Nightowl but that didn't work either. I have just done a search for
entdrv and deleted the driver from system32. Hope it works but will let you
know tomorrow.

Ciao 4 now

"Nightowl" wrote:

> Balony wrote on Sat, 25 Jun 2005:
>
> >Hi there
> >
> >Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
> >installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access the
> >internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
> >something bogus.
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> Hi Balony
>
> It seems to be part of McAfee Managed VirusScan -- did you ever have
> that on your computer? I found this at:
> http://betavscan.mcafeeasap.com/beta/docs/readme/Readme.txt
>
> 7. Uninstall of Managed VirusScan following a clean install without
> rebooting the system leaves behind the following two files. -
> EntAPI.dll file in the %WinDir%\System32 folder - EntDrv##.sys file in
> the %WinDir%\System32\drivers folder. Subsequent installation using the
> VSsetup program fails unless these files are manually removed. [215268]
>

> --
> Nightowl

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Balony wrote on Tue, 28 Jun 2005:

>Thanks Nightowl but that didn't work either. I have just done a search for
>entdrv and deleted the driver from system32. Hope it works but will let you
>know tomorrow.
>
>Ciao 4 now

Um, sorry, what didn't work? The quote I posted just explained that two
files could be left behind after uninstalling McAfee --

EntAPI.dll in the %WinDir%\System32 folder
EntDrv##.sys file in the %WinDir%\System32\drivers folder

You need to delete both.

>"Nightowl" wrote:
>
>> Balony wrote on Sat, 25 Jun 2005:
>>
>> >Hi there
>> >
>> >Does anyone know what EntDrv51 is? I just booted my pc and hardware
>> >installation wizard said it had just found this and requested to access the
>> >internet to try download the installation software. I am worried it may be
>> >something bogus.
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >

>> Hi Balony
>>
>> It seems to be part of McAfee Managed VirusScan -- did you ever have
>> that on your computer? I found this at:
>> http://betavscan.mcafeeasap.com/beta/docs/readme/Readme.txt
>>
>> 7. Uninstall of Managed VirusScan following a clean install without
>> rebooting the system leaves behind the following two files. -
>> EntAPI.dll file in the %WinDir%\System32 folder - EntDrv##.sys file in
>> the %WinDir%\System32\drivers folder. Subsequent installation using the
>> VSsetup program fails unless these files are manually removed. [215268]

--
Nightowl

Sorry Nightowl. I had had a few drinks last night!

"Nightowl" wrote:

> Balony wrote on Tue, 28 Jun 2005:
>
> >Thanks Nightowl but that didn't work either. I have just done a search for
> >entdrv and deleted the driver from system32. Hope it works but will let you
> >know tomorrow.
> >
> >Ciao 4 now
>
> Um, sorry, what didn't work? The quote I posted just explained that two
> files could be left behind after uninstalling McAfee --
>
> EntAPI.dll in the %WinDir%\System32 folder
> EntDrv##.sys file in the %WinDir%\System32\drivers folder
>
> You need to delete both.

> >> Hi Balony
> >>
> >> It seems to be part of McAfee Managed VirusScan -- did you ever have
> >> that on your computer? I found this at:
> >> http://betavscan.mcafeeasap.com/beta/docs/readme/Readme.txt
> >>
> >> 7. Uninstall of Managed VirusScan following a clean install without
> >> rebooting the system leaves behind the following two files. -
> >> EntAPI.dll file in the %WinDir%\System32 folder - EntDrv##.sys file in
> >> the %WinDir%\System32\drivers folder. Subsequent installation using the
> >> VSsetup program fails unless these files are manually removed. [215268]
>
> --
> Nightowl

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Balony wrote on Wed, 29 Jun 2005:

>Sorry Nightowl. I had had a few drinks last night!

Ha ha! No problem :)

--
Nightowl