Sign in with
Your question

How do I connect my 4G modem to my router?

Last response: in General Connectivity
July 30, 2011 7:04:41 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to replace my cable modem with a Verizon 3G/4G USB modem. It works great connected to my netbook, but I would like to set up my wireless printer and xbox to it as well. How would I go about connecting my Verizon 3G/4G modem (USB) to my Asus RT-N56U router? I have seen comments on the web saying it is both possible and impossible.

Thanks in advance

More about : connect modem router

October 3, 2011 6:44:36 AM

decusetfides said:
Hello,
I'm trying to replace my cable modem with a Verizon 3G/4G USB modem. It works great connected to my netbook, but I would like to set up my wireless printer and xbox to it as well. How would I go about connecting my Verizon 3G/4G modem (USB) to my Asus RT-N56U router? I have seen comments on the web saying it is both possible and impossible.

Thanks in advance

It's possible if you follow these steps:

1- Update your router firmware to version 1.0.1.7c (or newer) and reboot it;
2 - Insert your 3G/4G modem into one of your router USB ports;
3 - Open the web configuration. Under "USB application", select "Modem". Change the first field to ENABLE.
4 - Configure your modem and ISP settings. Mine worked fine in AUTO for the modem and I found my brazilian ISP on the list. If AUTO does not work you can select your modem model on the drop-down menu, as well as setting manually your ISP settings if you don't find it automatically;
5 - Hit "apply" and wait for it to restart. You should be now sharing your 3G/4G connection with the ASUS router!

Hope this helps.
m
l
Related resources
!