Ralph

Using XP Service Pack 2

After I sign on to my computer I recieve a error message

C:\windows\cfgmgr52.dll
module cannot be found

any help
Thanks
Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Cfgmgr52.dll is associated with spyware.

Download Startup Tracker and run it. This should show the area it is
Copy and paste the path that loads the file if you need help in
removing it.

Windows XP Startup Programs Tracker
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm

You will also want to scan for and remove any other installed spyware.
Virus and Spyware removal and prevention
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Ralph wrote:
> Using XP Service Pack 2
>
> After I sign on to my computer I recieve a error message
>
> C:\windows\cfgmgr52.dll
> module cannot be found
>
> any help
> Thanks
> Ralph

I get the same message, and have followed your instructions about
startup tracker........only question..what do I do now? to get the
message to stop...I've run spybot s&d, adaware 6, microsoft antispyware
and norton a/v 2005, got rid of all spyware etc found.

Bert Kinney wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
>
> Cfgmgr52.dll is associated with spyware.
>
> Download Startup Tracker and run it. This should show the area it is
> Copy and paste the path that loads the file if you need help in
> removing it.
>
> Windows XP Startup Programs Tracker
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm
>
> You will also want to scan for and remove any other installed spyware.
> Virus and Spyware removal and prevention
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Ralph wrote:
> > Using XP Service Pack 2
> >
> > After I sign on to my computer I recieve a error message
> >
> > C:\windows\cfgmgr52.dll
> > module cannot be found
> >
> > any help
> > Thanks