Game Announcement: Petting Zoo Two

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Bungholio is pleased to announce that registrations for
Petting Zoo Two are now being accepted. Players of
all skill levels are invited to play.

First Update: June 25th, 10PM (EST)
Updates once per day at 10pm EST.
Registration closes 6pm (EST) June 23rd.

Game details can be found at either the following link
or the followup post to this post.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/bungholio/PettingZooTwo.html

Send Email to: empire_bungholio @ verizon.net with:
Subject: Empire PettingZoo
Country Name:
Password:
Email Address:
Map Selection: (vanilla/chocolate/strawberry)

confirmation emails will be sent to registrants within 12 hours of reception
of their registration. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please
resend.

Bungy

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

GAME DETAILS:

EMPIREHOST: sheepfarm.game-host.org
EMPIREPORT: 6665

Update Schedule: 1 Update / 24 hours (at 10pm EST)
Registration Ends: 6pm (EST), Wednesday June 23rd, 2004.
Game Opens: Thursday AM, June24th, 2004.
First Update: 10pm (EST), Friday June25th, 2004.

After the first 2 weeks of play, deity will consider reducing update
schedule by dropping days such as saturday or wed/sat with majority player
vote.

Game Highlights:

1) Players get choice from 3 formats of Start Islands, each with a mixture
of industrial, plains, and mountains, and each having
benefits/vulnerabilities. Start Islands have 55 total sectors with uniform
resources. 6-10 sectors of water between start islands.

2) Gold only in mountains, so banks will not be primary sources of runaway
cash. Gorenew enabled.

3) Market is enabled, but the time to sell is equal to one-update period to
reduce "Market Abuses". Trade, however, has about a one-half-update period
to allow for Tech Toys to be traded.

4) There are expansion islands, players will have to search for them.

5) No food. This reduces micromanagement and removes an early fodder
indicator.

6) Rolling Avail, with 333 roll-over.

7) Tech at log base 2.25, all bleed (50%).

8) Game code is standard 4.2.15 with standard units/planes/ships lists, but
units have 1/2 mob gain and 1/2 max mob from standard.

9) Deity will NOT be playing.

10) countries start with 4 sanctuaries, to get the game started quicker

11) home continents come with a 100% centrally located fort (with 10g 50s)

12) Deity will not ask for player's "rank", as I will be treating all
players equally.

13) Deity is requiring a minimum of 8 players for the game, this is so that
players who think that they might want to play, but don't want to get stuck
in a tiny game will have an out in the event that the minimum game roster is
not met.

Start Island Choices:
players must select one. failure to select will result in a random
selection.
(note these look better on the webpage or in courrier font)

Vanilla
. . . . . . . . . . .
. . ^ ~ ~ ~ ~ ^ . . .
. - - - - - - - - - .
. - - - - - - - - . .
. ~ - s s f s s - ~ .
. - - - - - - - - . .
. - - - - ^ - - - - .
. . ^ ~ ~ ~ ~ ^ . . .
. . . . . . . . . . .
This is a nice safe and protective map.
40 industrial,
10 plains
5 mountains

Chocolate
. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . ^ . . . . .
. . . . . - - . . . . .
. . . . . - - - . . . .
. . . . ~ - - ~ . . . .
. . . . - - ^ - - . . .
. . . - - s s - - . . .
. . . ~ - - f - - ~ . .
. . - - - s s - - - . .
. . - - - - ^ - - - - .
. ^ - ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ - ^ .
. . . . . . . . . . . .
This map is a little more adventurous, but still fairly safe.
40 industrial
10 plains
5 mountains

Strawberry
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . ^ . . . . ^ . . .
. . . . - - . - - . . . .
. . . . - - - - - - . . .
. . . . - - . - - . . . .
. . . - - . ~ ~ . - - . .
. ~ - s s ~ f ~ s s - ~ .
. . . - - . ~ ~ . - - . .
. . . . - ^ . - - . . . .
. . . . - - - - - - . . .
. . . . - - . - - . . . .
. . . . ^ . . . . ^ . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
This map is risky, but you get 5% extra industrial sectors in exchange for
that risk. Also, distribution may be tricky.
42 industrial
8 plains
5 mountains

NOTE: YOUR ACTUAL MAP MAY ROTATE +/-60degrees OR FLIP 180degrees or BOTH.

Win Conditions:
None. This game is a free for all. If you wish to ally with everyone then
so be it, however lame and unhonorable as it may be, not that I am
judgemental or anything (LOL!)..

Version Report:
Empire 4.2.15
(KSU distribution 1.04, Chainsaw version 4.00, Wolfpack version 2.15)

The following parameters have been set for this game:
World size is "40x20 * number_of_players".
There can be up to 99 countries.
By default, countries use their own coordinate system.

An Empire time unit is 1440 seconds long.
Use the 'update' command to find out the time of the next update.
The current time is Thu Jun 10 20:52:02.
An update consists of 60 empire time units.
Each country is allowed to be logged in 1200 minutes a day.
It takes 8.33 civilians to produce a BTU in one time unit.

A non-aggi, 100 fertility sector can grow 0.12 food per etu.
1000 civilians will harvest 1.3 food per etu.
1000 civilians will give birth to 5.0 babies per etu.
1000 uncompensated workers will give birth to 2.5 babies.
In one time unit, 1000 people eat 0.5 units of food.
1000 babies eat 6.0 units of food becoming adults.
No food is needed!!

Banks pay $250.00 in interest per 1000 gold bars per etu.
1000 civilians generate $8.33, uncompensated workers $1.78 each time unit.
1000 active military cost $83.33, reserves cost $8.33.
Up to 333 avail can roll over an update.
Happiness p.e. requires 1 happy stroller per 10000 civ.
Education p.e. requires 1 class of graduates per 10000 civ.
Happiness is averaged over 64 time units.
Education is averaged over 192 time units.
The technology/research boost you get from the world is 50.00%.
Nation levels (tech etc.) decline 1% every 96 time units.
Tech Buildup is limited to logarithmic growth (base 2.25) after 1.00.

Sectors Ships Planes Units
Maximum mobility 127 127 127 63
Max mob gain per update 60 90 60 30
Max eff gain per update -- 100 100 100

Ships on autonavigation may use 6 cargo holds per ship.
The tax you pay on selling things on the trading block is 10.0%
The tax you pay on buying commodities on the market is 10.0%

Fire ranges are scaled by 1.00

Options enabled in this game:
ALL_BLEED, BRIDGETOWERS, DEMANDUPDATE, EASY_BRIDGES, FALLOUT,
GODNEWS, GO_RENEW, INTERDICT_ATT, LANDSPIES, LOANS, MARKET, NEUTRON,
NO_PLAGUE, NOFOOD, NOMOBCOST, NUKEFAILDETONATE, ORBIT,
PINPOINTMISSILE, PLANENAMES, SAIL, SHIPNAMES, SHOWPLANE, TECH_POP,
TREATIES, UPDATESCHED

Options disabled in this game:
BIG_CITY, BLITZ, DEFENSE_INFRA, DRNUKE, FUEL, HIDDEN, LOSE_CONTACT,
MOB_ACCESS, NO_FORT_FIRE, NO_HCMS, NO_LCMS, NO_OIL, NONUKES,
RES_POP,
SLOW_WAR, SNEAK_ATTACK, SUPER_BARS, TRADESHIPS,

"info Options" for a detailed list of options and descriptions

The person to annoy if something goes wrong is:
Bungholio
(empire_bungholio@verizon.net).
You can get your own copy of the source using:
ftp://ftp.wolfpackempire.com/pub/empire/server or
http://www.wolfpackempire.com/

HOW TO PLAY:
Send Email to: empire_bungholioNO@SPAMverizon.net (remove NO & SPAM) with:
Country Name:
Password:
Email Address:
Map Selection: (vanilla/chocolate/strawberry)

System Info:
Celeron 366
160MB RAM
10GB HDD
Win2K
DSL 1.5M/128k
15" SVGA Color Monitor!

Deity Credentials: Bungholio has been playing actively for approx 7 years.
He has a good understanding of game balance and interest in designing the
game for fairness.

NOTICE: INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO THE START
OF THE GAME. IT IS THE PLAYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THE ACTUAL GAME'S
SETTINGS. DEITY IS MAKING A BEST EFFORT TO RELAY INTENDED GAME
CONFIGURATION, AND DOES NOT PLAN ON MAKING ANY MAJOR DEVIATIONS TO THESE
PUBLISHED PARAMETERS, BUT SOME MINOR CHANGES WILL LIKELY RESULT TO ADJUST
FOR PLAYER BASE, ETC.

Bungholio wrote:

> [...]
> Map Selection: (vanilla/chocolate/strawberry)
>

> System Info:
> Celeron 366
> 160MB RAM
> 10GB HDD
> Win2K
> DSL 1.5M/128k
> 15" SVGA Color Monitor!
>

> Deity Credentials: Bungholio has been playing actively for approx 7
> years. He has a good understanding of game balance and interest in
> designing the game for fairness.
>

> NOTICE: INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO THE
> START
> OF THE GAME. IT IS THE PLAYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THE ACTUAL
> GAME'S SETTINGS. DEITY IS MAKING A BEST EFFORT TO RELAY INTENDED GAME
> CONFIGURATION, AND DOES NOT PLAN ON MAKING ANY MAJOR DEVIATIONS TO THESE
> PUBLISHED PARAMETERS, BUT SOME MINOR CHANGES WILL LIKELY RESULT TO ADJUST

I'm in. I'm not baaaaaaaa-shful! Will send email with dessert choices.

Thanks, Kelly

"One day I will come back, yes, I will come back. Until then, there must be
no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs,
and prove to me that I am correct in mine. Goodbye, Susan."
The Doctor, in "The Dalek Invasion of Earth"

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

> Map Selection: (vanilla/chocolate/strawberry)

incase if anyone is interested, these are the scripts
used to create the home continents (assumes the world
was all water to begin with), sanctuaries not included:

VANILLA:
des -10:6,-2:2 -
des -5:1,-3 ~
des -5:1,3 ~
des -10,0 ~
des 6,0 ~
des -7,-3 ^
des 3,-3 ^
des -7,3 ^
des 3,3 ^
des -2,2 ^
des -2,0 f

CHOCOLATE:
des @0,0:3 -
des @6,2:1 -
des @-6,2:1 -
des @0,-4:1 -
des -3,-3 ~
des 3,-3 ~
des -6,0 ~
des 6,0 ~
des -5:5,3 ~
des 0,-6 ^
des 0,-2 ^
des 0,2 ^
des -9,3 ^
des 9,3 ^
des 1,-1 f

STRAWBERRY:
des @-6,0:1 -
des @6,0:1 -
des @-3,-3:1 -
des @3,-3:1 -
des @-3,3:1 -
des @3,3:1 -
des @0,0:1 ~
des -10,0 ~
des 10,0 ~
des -5,-5 ^
des 5,-5 ^
des -2,2 ^
des -5,5 ^
des 5,5 ^
des 0,0 f

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Just a quick update, I now have 8 registrants for the game, so
it is GAME ON. Also, I have added a WinAce screen-shot in 24-bit
color detail with 4x anisitrophic anti-aliasing enabled snippet to the
official game webpage showing each of the start island choices
( http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/bungholio/PettingZooTwo.html )
with color coding for the different types of sectors.

Bungy

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Current player count is now 13, with
a nice mix of flavors and skillz. I am
still accepting registrations, to register send
email to: empire_bungholio @ verizon.net
with:

Country Name:
Password:
Email Address:
Map Selection: (vanilla/chocolate/strawberry)

And I will reply with a confirmation within 12
hours of receiving your application.

Game information can be found at:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/bungholio/PettingZooTwo.html

The current list of registered countries is listed
on the webpage.

Bungholio Doug

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Current player count is now 18, with
a nice mix of flavorz and skills. I am
still accepting registrations. The registration
period ends at 6pm EST on Weds, June 23rd.
to register send email to:
empire_bungholio @ verizon.net
with:

Country Name:
Password:
Email Address:
Map Selection: (vanilla/chocolate/strawberry)

And I will reply with a confirmation within a few
hours of receiving your application.

Game information can be found at:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/bungholio/PettingZooTwo.html

The current list of registered countries is listed
on the webpage.

If you are interested in joining the replacement/sub
players list for this game, perhaps because you are
too busy or away during the first week or two,
I am accepting registrations for this list.

Changes to the game setup since the original posting:
-now using 4.2.16 code (was 4.2.15)
-server system RAM upgraded to 384MB (was 160MB)

Bungholio Doug

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

I really appreciate the photo of the system the game is being ran on. I
think from now on all deities need to post a picture of the game server.

Tim

:)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:20:24 +0000, Tim & Tracy Burnett wrote:

> I really appreciate the photo of the system the game is being ran on. I
> think from now on all deities need to post a picture of the game server.

You know, I almost did that for retro. The trouble is, you would all see
what a monsterously bad IT housekeeper I am. I can't even get the door of
the rack closed.

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

The PettingZooTwo game is now open for players to begin playing.

The game is hosted at:
EMPIREHOST: sheepfarm.game-host.org (currently 141.157.154.22)
EMPIREPORT: 6665

The first update is scheduled for 10pm EST on 25th June 2004.

If you are unable to play or break before 8pm on June 25th, your
country will be considered a no-show, and will be given to a player
on the replacement-player's list.

If you have any trouble connecting or need assistance, please
contact the deity at empire_bungholio @ verizon.net

The registration period is now closed. If you wish to play, contact
the deity via email to get added to the replacement player's list.

Your Country Info:

Country #: 30
Country: visitor
Password: visitor
map: n/a

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

The PettingZooTwo game is started.
I experienced some minor network issues
the first 2 days, but we had a successful update
today at 10pm. All but 2 of the original 20
players broke, a replacement was eager to play,
so he took over one country, while a spare
country remains available (the deity is running it
currently, country "Seven"). If you would like
to take over country Seven, send email to Bungy
at empire_bungholio @ verizon.net with
your new Country name and password.

Bungy

Below is the Power after one update:

- = [ Empire Power Report ] = -
as of Fri Jun 25 22:30:38 2004

sects eff civ mil shell gun pet iron dust oil pln ship unit
money
Rook 55 32% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 1.6K 0 0 0 0 0
20K
Howard 55 32% 5.4K 0 50 10 0 350 0 16 0 0 0
20K
Euforia 55 23% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 2.5K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
beep 55 19% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 1.9K 0 100 0 0 0
25K
Aquitaine 55 20% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 1.8K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Cincinnat 55 19% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 2.0K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Limbo 55 22% 5.5K 0 0 0 0 2.0K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Wicked 55 19% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 2.0K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Savoia 55 21% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 1.4K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Seven 55 16% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 2.1K 0 41 0 0 0
24K
Shakespea 55 16% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 2.1K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
nuke_em 55 17% 5.5K 0 50 10 0 2.1K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Ricin 45 19% 5.4K 50 50 10 0 2.1K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Perdition 55 19% 5.3K 0 50 10 0 1.6K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Gemini 55 18% 5.4K 0 50 10 0 200 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Trantor 50 17% 5.2K 200 50 10 0 750 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Anguiron 55 11% 4.9K 200 50 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Fodderton 45 17% 4.8K 200 0 0 0 1.3K 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Darkness 50 12% 4.5K 200 50 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
25K
twistle 50 8% 4.1K 200 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
25K
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
worldwide 1.1K 19% 105K 1.1K 850 170 0 28K 0 150 0 0 0
475K

http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/bungholio/PettingZooTwo.html

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Country "Seven" is in need of a replacement player. Deity has
been running it so far. The country is in excellent shape.
If interested, send email to: empire_bungholio @ verizon.net

game info can be found at:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/bungholio/PettingZooTwo.html

- = [ Empire Power Report ] = -
as of Sun Jun 27 07:21:35 2004

sects eff civ mil shell gun pet iron dust oil pln ship unit
money
Howard 55 60% 7.0K 0 50 10 0 400 0 150 0 0 0
20K
Euforia 55 42% 7.1K 0 50 10 0 3.9K 150 0 0 4 0
20K
beep 55 36% 7.0K 100 50 10 0 1.9K 300 100 0 4 0
20K
Rook 55 46% 7.2K 0 50 10 0 3.3K 29 25 0 4 0
25K
> Seven 55 31% 7.1K 0 50 10 0 2.9K 176 99 0 2 0
24K <
Wicked 55 31% 7.1K 0 50 10 0 2.7K 200 0 0 0 0
25K
Aquitaine 55 28% 7.1K 0 50 10 0 1.9K 150 0 0 4 0
25K
Cincinnat 55 29% 7.1K 0 50 10 0 2.1K 100 33 0 3 0
25K
Ricin 45 35% 7.0K 50 50 10 0 1.3K 100 0 0 6 0
25K
Shakespea 55 27% 7.0K 100 50 10 0 2.0K 50 0 0 4 0
25K
Limbo 55 29% 7.1K 0 0 0 0 3.5K 100 0 0 0 0
25K
nuke_em 55 25% 7.1K 5 50 10 0 2.2K 100 0 0 0 0
25K
Savoia 55 30% 7.2K 0 50 10 0 3.0K 100 0 0 0 0
25K
Trantor 55 26% 6.7K 250 50 10 0 2.0K 0 33 0 1 0
25K
Fodderton 45 33% 6.4K 12 0 0 0 2.6K 100 0 0 0 0
25K
Perdition 55 20% 6.0K 0 50 10 0 2.6K 25 0 0 0 0
25K
Darkness 55 28% 6.2K 14 50 10 0 450 0 0 0 0 0
25K
Gemini 55 20% 6.1K 0 50 10 0 700 50 0 0 0 0
25K
Anguiron 55 13% 5.6K 200 50 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
25K
twistle 50 9% 4.2K 200 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
25K
worldwide 1.1K 30% 133K 950 850 170 0 39K 1.9K 450 0 30 0
485K

TRENDING THREADS