OCCUPIED BY THE LOG FILE.....

Hi there,

When I do "chkdsk" it has a listing "45264 KB Occupied by the log file" .

I cleaned out everything in the event viewer and I did a search for all
*.log file in the system drive and cam up with nothing bigger than a 4 mb
file.

Where is this file located?

Thanks,

Gordon
2 answers Last reply
More about occupied file

    What are you planning to do, delete the log file. Do that and you will
    totally screw up your system. Please, don't mess with what you aren't
    familiar with.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > When I do "chkdsk" it has a listing "45264 KB Occupied by the log file" .
    >
    > I cleaned out everything in the event viewer and I did a search for all
    > *.log file in the system drive and cam up with nothing bigger than a 4 mb
    > file.
    >
    > Where is this file located?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gordon

    Somewhere where you can't find it. Nothing will ever show it except disk utilities. Forget the name it's part of the formatting of a NTFS disk (which is 11 files).

    NTFS keeps it's data in files. Fat keeps it's data at the front of a disk. This is nothing for you to think about.

    "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:OrFCgqbeFHA.2548@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > When I do "chkdsk" it has a listing "45264 KB Occupied by the log file" .
    >
    > I cleaned out everything in the event viewer and I did a search for all
    > *.log file in the system drive and cam up with nothing bigger than a 4 mb
    > file.
    >
    > Where is this file located?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gordon