What's Happened to Micreosoft Wish?

When I send e-mail to MSWish@Microsoft.com, it gets returned to me with a
DIFFERENT e-mail address that the one I sent it to. It comes back showing
the e-mail address I supposedly used as MSWwish@Microsoft.com. Wrong! My
messages did not have the extra W.

Nevertheless, I can't seem to locate Microsoft Wish. The link I found on
Microsoft's web site that read "How to contact the Microsoft Wish Program"
took me to a web page that did not offer a clue how to contact Microsoft
Wish.

So, I would greatly appreciate your help getting in touch with Microsoft
Wish.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/AA Smith/ said:

> When I send e-mail to MSWish@Microsoft.com, it gets returned to me with a
> DIFFERENT e-mail address that the one I sent it to. It comes back showing
> the e-mail address I supposedly used as MSWwish@Microsoft.com. Wrong! My
> messages did not have the extra W.
>
> Nevertheless, I can't seem to locate Microsoft Wish. The link I found on
> Microsoft's web site that read "How to contact the Microsoft Wish Program"
> took me to a web page that did not offer a clue how to contact Microsoft
> Wish.
>
> So, I would greatly appreciate your help getting in touch with Microsoft
> Wish.

For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org
http://support.microsoft.com

The same thing happed to me a few months back. Perhaps, since it is difficult to contact
MS, unless it is a tech support issue, many were using that address (mea culpa) for other
issues and gripes. Ergo MS might have looped it to do what it is doing, to avoid having
to deal with a high percentage of gripe email???
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

AA Smith wrote:

> When I send e-mail to MSWish@Microsoft.com, it gets returned to me with a
> DIFFERENT e-mail address that the one I sent it to. It comes back showing
> the e-mail address I supposedly used as MSWwish@Microsoft.com. Wrong! My
> messages did not have the extra W.

Its easy to set an autoreponder with any return address you wish.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Thanks, T_Cruise. Is that T_Cruise as in Tomahawk Cruise Missile? Or the
great actor Tom Cruise? Or...???

It would not surprise me if it turned out you're right about the loopback.
Otherwise, I can't explain the mystery of the extra W, which is not to be
confused with W04. :)
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
"t.cruise" <t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The same thing happed to me a few months back. Perhaps, since it is
> difficult to contact
> MS, unless it is a tech support issue, many were using that address (mea
> culpa) for other
> issues and gripes. Ergo MS might have looped it to do what it is doing,
> to avoid having
> to deal with a high percentage of gripe email???
> --
>
> T.C.
> t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
> Remove [NoSpam] to reply
>

> "AA Smith" <SmithRMS@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>> When I send e-mail to MSWish@Microsoft.com, it gets returned to me with a
>> DIFFERENT e-mail address that the one I sent it to. It comes back
>> showing
>> the e-mail address I supposedly used as MSWwish@Microsoft.com. Wrong!
>> My
>> messages did not have the extra W.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I can't seem to locate Microsoft Wish. The link I found on
>> Microsoft's web site that read "How to contact the Microsoft Wish
>> Program"
>> took me to a web page that did not offer a clue how to contact Microsoft
>> Wish.
>>
>> So, I would greatly appreciate your help getting in touch with Microsoft
>> Wish.
>> --
>> With kindest regards,
>>
>> Dick Smith

Really...? Thanks, Plato!

--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> AA Smith wrote:
>>
>> When I send e-mail to MSWish@Microsoft.com, it gets returned to me with a
>> DIFFERENT e-mail address that the one I sent it to. It comes back
>> showing
>> the e-mail address I supposedly used as MSWwish@Microsoft.com. Wrong!
>> My
>> messages did not have the extra W.
>
> Its easy to set an autoreponder with any return address you wish.
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Thanks, dev. I appreciate your help.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
"dev" <dev@null.invalid> wrote in message
> /AA Smith/ said:
>
>> When I send e-mail to MSWish@Microsoft.com, it gets returned to me with a
>> DIFFERENT e-mail address that the one I sent it to. It comes back
>> showing
>> the e-mail address I supposedly used as MSWwish@Microsoft.com. Wrong!
>> My
>> messages did not have the extra W.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I can't seem to locate Microsoft Wish. The link I found on
>> Microsoft's web site that read "How to contact the Microsoft Wish
>> Program"
>> took me to a web page that did not offer a clue how to contact Microsoft
>> Wish.
>>
>> So, I would greatly appreciate your help getting in touch with Microsoft
>> Wish.

> For most XP answers and tweaks...
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
> http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org