Sign in with
Your question

Headphones recommendation

Last response: in Components
May 9, 2004 9:00:51 PM

Any body can recommend a nice set of headphones. I listen mostly to music with heavy bass and gaming.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
May 10, 2004 12:37:25 AM

Gotta pair of HD280 Pro's, and I love em. They can go real loud if u need and are crystal clear with excellent bass. Make my surround sound rig sound like crap. They'll set ya back about $100.

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
May 10, 2004 2:56:38 AM

Well, I have Technics DJ1200 (which has more bass than any Sennheiser out there) but I need MORE bass. Anything that I can find with more bass would do. Anyone..?

Related resources
May 10, 2004 3:32:25 AM

lol, bro are you fcuking deaf?? If you're expecting bas sthat'll make u vibrate, get a big subwoofer and place it next to your seat.

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
May 10, 2004 3:49:31 AM

It is not funny, I have sub under the PC desk at home, BUT I need "sub" with me when I travel and listen to my groovy Sony D-ES55 and play UT on laptop.

May 10, 2004 3:50:43 AM

Have u considered editing you're sound settings? Basically increase the volume of bass spectrum and decrease the volume of the mid-high frequency sounds. Then just increase the volume and voila.

May 10, 2004 4:04:25 AM

Thanks, there are no settings on Discman, Groove is (can't beat that with any setting so far). I need a PHONES that will be able to keep up with it, I can't crank the valume up more than 6 out of 10 on some tunes, they get distorted and my ears start flopping around.

May 10, 2004 11:40:10 PM

Is every body here are as cheap as I am and has no good set of cans? I hope some body loves itself more than I love my body.

May 11, 2004 12:35:59 AM

I use <A HREF="http://www.koss.com" target="_new">Koss</A> UR-20's. They're super comfortable, have plenty of bass, and they're $25 US.

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it, hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart. -C.S. Lewis
May 11, 2004 2:00:24 AM

Koss phones are not for my none sencitive ears, they need some body that has ability to hear things which are coming out of them and ability to imagine things which were wished would come out of them

May 11, 2004 2:26:06 AM

Why exactly do u need more bass, aside from being an arrogant pos? I mean if ur headphones are some super bass monster than you are certain makes the HD280's seem weak, it should be more than enough. These things reproduce bass faithfully, and with what u want, everything else will be drowned out! You're not gonna get the quality u want with something that focuses on low frequency sounds. I suppose tho ur used to that, even tho ur uber sensitive hearing can pick up everything, cause the techs do sound a bit tinny at higher frequencies....

May 11, 2004 2:57:15 PM

You see, I had these phones that I got with CD player around 5 years ago, they are small and have nothing special, but when I press them to my ears they have so much punch that it is hard to believe would come out from such small things it has so much power, and it was not at expense of all around sound, UT plays Unrealy rich.

So I thought, hey I better get "quality" phones which have a full scale of sound. So I asked around and got techs, which suppose to have a better bass (and highs, which I like it to be tinny, caz they hurt on upper volumes), but as it turned out, they do have "amplitude" but there is no "punch" even when I press them closer (I am not saying they are bad, it's just does not get "deep" enough into the head").

So I am on the quest again. Is that explains what I am trying to do? I need phones that have real bass, not a low frequency membrane. Maybe someone has some and I could try thouse and find myself a nirvana of bass in the music. If you have even listened to Ryan Farish or Bassic, you would understand why I need it.

PS: but on the other hand, maybe I just had that "first" experience and want something similar, which is not real these days with so much better stuff. Maybe I just need to settle on what I have and be marry. Technics a awesome phones, but I thought there is something better as far a bass goes. You said I might be wrong, maybe I am.

May 12, 2004 3:03:11 AM

I kind of like Grado headphones. Clear sound with deep bass.

The current low-cost models include the SR-60, SR-80, SR-125. (I had the obsolete SR-100s until I destroyed them).

Only the SR-60 and SR-80 have the dual purpose 1/8" and 1/4" headphone connector. The other models are 1/4" only (I think).

The bad news is they look fragile and are. They are also not real comfortable. I wouldn't say uncomfortable just not great compared to many newer designs.

Recommended where sound counts more than absolute comfort, especially on a budget. They really do sound great.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>
!