Configuring WEP on a pocket PC (MS mobile 2003 OS)

Last response: in Networking
July 1, 2004 11:48:55 AM

I'm considering purchasing a pocket pc with built-in Wi-
Fi, which I'd like to be able to use with my home wireless
network. The sales person I spoke to "assured" me that I
would be able to configure the pocket PC to use the WEP
setup on my MS basestation. I'm hoping that someone can
give good guidance on if it possible, and if so, how to
set it up? Or, perhaps the documentation provided will
make the process simplistic? I've searched both
Microsofts site and the web for specifics on configuring
WEP on a pocket PC and come up with nothing so far.
Perhaps if someone could even point me in the right
direction to find useful information, they let me know.

slwerner6@comcast.net
Anonymous
July 1, 2004 4:07:30 PM

It depends on which pocket pc, and what embedded or add-on card you have.
There are pocket pc newsgroups as well where you should easily find others
that have the same wireless card or chip as you do.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist