I saw on a Microsoft seminar that you can have the run shell right on the
taskbar, so if you want to, you can type "cmd" right there instead of opening
the start menu and click on the run entry.

Anyone knows how to do that?

Hi Andrea,

Right click on an empty area of the taskbar and point to 'toolbars' and select 'address'. You can
type website URLs and such using the address bar on the taskbar.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Right click on an empty area of the taskbar and point to 'toolbars' and select 'address'. You can
> type website URLs and such using the address bar on the taskbar.

I need the "Run" command there, how do i do that? It's not a folder nor a
URL....

In news:F54CF3B7-A085-4483-8231-0741B76BFB02@microsoft.com,
Andrea Casini <AndreaCasini@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> Right click on an empty area of the taskbar and point to
>> 'toolbars'
>> and select 'address'. You can type website URLs and such using
>> the
>> address bar on the taskbar.
>
> I need the "Run" command there, how do i do that? It's not a
> folder
> nor a URL....

Although it's called the "Address" bar, you can type commands
there too. Just type CMD in the bar.

Similarly, you can type URLs in the Start | Run dialog box. The
Start | Run dialog box and the Address bar, despite their very
different names, are actually both the same.

Please reply to the newsgroup

I guess your question has been answered by ken.

PS: Thanks Ken :eek:)

--

In news:%232j3MhdeFHA.1600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Anando [MS-MVP] <anando@mvps.org> typed:

> I guess your question has been answered by ken.
>
> PS: Thanks Ken :eek:)

You're welcome, Anando. I hope you didn't mind my jumping in.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Andrea Casini" <AndreaCasini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in
> message
>>

>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andrea,
>>>
>>> Right click on an empty area of the taskbar and point to
>>> 'toolbars'
>>> and select 'address'. You can type website URLs and such
>>> using the
>>> address bar on the taskbar.
>>
>> I need the "Run" command there, how do i do that? It's not a
>> folder
>> nor a URL....

JS

Andrea Casini wrote:

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>

>>Hi Andrea,
>>
>>Right click on an empty area of the taskbar and point to 'toolbars' and select 'address'. You can
>>type website URLs and such using the address bar on the taskbar.
>

> I need the "Run" command there, how do i do that? It's not a folder nor a
> URL....

You can enter anything in the Address toolbar that you can enter in the
Run box. Why didn't you try it?

Not at all ! Glad to see you jumping in :eek:)

--

> In news:%232j3MhdeFHA.1600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Anando [MS-MVP] <anando@mvps.org> typed:
>
>> I guess your question has been answered by ken.
>>
>> PS: Thanks Ken :eek:)
>

> You're welcome, Anando. I hope you didn't mind my jumping in.

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>

>> "Andrea Casini" <AndreaCasini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:F54CF3B7-A085-4483-8231-0741B76BFB02@microsoft.com...

>>> I need the "Run" command there, how do i do that? It's not a folder
>>> nor a URL....

It's not the same. They have different rules. It's an address bar.

Experiment,

Type a dot in Start Run and an address bar and see one difference.

"Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message news:u2V1ArdeFHA.3160@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> In news:%232j3MhdeFHA.1600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Anando [MS-MVP] <anando@mvps.org> typed:
>
>> I guess your question has been answered by ken.
>>
>> PS: Thanks Ken :eek:)
>

> You're welcome, Anando. I hope you didn't mind my jumping in.

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>

>> "Andrea Casini" <AndreaCasini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message

>>> I need the "Run" command there, how do i do that? It's not a
>>> folder
>>> nor a URL....

In news:ex3un%23deFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
David Candy <.> typed:

> It's not the same. They have different rules. It's an address
> bar.
>
> Experiment,
>
> Type a dot in Start Run and an address bar and see one
> difference.

They may not be exactly the same, as your example shows, but for
most purposes they are. Differences are few and slight.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> In news:%232j3MhdeFHA.1600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Anando [MS-MVP] <anando@mvps.org> typed:
>>
>>> I guess your question has been answered by ken.
>>>
>>> PS: Thanks Ken :eek:)
>>

>> You're welcome, Anando. I hope you didn't mind my jumping in.
>>

>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
>>

>>> "Andrea Casini" <AndreaCasini@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>> wrote
>>> in
>>> message

The differences are enough to make it useless for me. I need a Run box not an address bar.