Please help - Generic Host Process for Win32 error

I am getting the following error when I restart my computer: "Generic Host
Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close." What
can I do to make it go away? Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about please generic host process win32 error

    Hi,

    How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "BillW" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
    >I am getting the following error when I restart my computer: "Generic Host
    >Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close."
    >What can I do to make it go away? Thank you.

    See if this update helps you...
    Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
    Install this update to address an issue that may cause a "Generic Host
    Process" error message to be displayed after you install security update
    MS05-012,

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a87b44b9-7a6a-49b6-bd89-afad4e049c48&displaylang=en

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "BillW" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
    >I am getting the following error when I restart my computer: "Generic Host
    >Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close."
    >What can I do to make it go away? Thank you.

Win32 Computers Microsoft Windows XP