Please help - Generic Host Process for Win32 error

June 25, 2005 7:29:26 PM

I am getting the following error when I restart my computer: "Generic Host
Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close." What
can I do to make it go away? Thank you.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 12:46:37 AM

Hi,

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"BillW" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
>I am getting the following error when I restart my computer: "Generic Host
>Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close."
>What can I do to make it go away? Thank you.

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 8:02:02 AM

See if this update helps you...
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Install this update to address an issue that may cause a "Generic Host
Process" error message to be displayed after you install security update
MS05-012,

Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

!