install SndVol32.exe

I have searched for this SndVol32.exe and can't seem to find it--on my
computer or elsewhere. I no longer have my install disks. They were
accidentally destroyed.Can anybody help me reinstall this so that I can
get volume control back on my XP? Thanks so much.
PS--What causes this to happen?

--
clribble
2 answers Last reply

    Go to control panel, sounds and audio devices and put a check in the "Place
    volume Icon on Taskbar""

    How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

    clribble wrote:

    > I have searched for this SndVol32.exe and can't seem to find it--on my
    > computer or elsewhere. I no longer have my install disks. They were
    > accidentally destroyed.Can anybody help me reinstall this so that I can
    > get volume control back on my XP? Thanks so much.
    > PS--What causes this to happen?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP