Ntbackup commandline

I am trying to backup the outlook.pst file using NTBACKUP in WIN XP using
the commandline.

However, the following does not work.

ntbackup "@c:\temp\outlook.bks" /j "outlook" /m "copy" /f
"c:\temp\outlook.bkf"

It flashes through the NTBACKUP wizard screen and obviously stops.

is the /J parameter required? If it is then does it just use the name of
the BKS file? There is only one file being backed up.

Thanks,

Schedule the job throygh the wizard and you'll find a correct command line in Task Scheduler you can cut and paste.

"jm7" <x@ht> wrote in message news:uhrvLJeeFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I am trying to backup the outlook.pst file using NTBACKUP in WIN XP using
> the commandline.
>
> However, the following does not work.
>
> ntbackup "@c:\temp\outlook.bks" /j "outlook" /m "copy" /f
> "c:\temp\outlook.bkf"
>
> It flashes through the NTBACKUP wizard screen and obviously stops.
>
> is the /J parameter required? If it is then does it just use the name of
> the BKS file? There is only one file being backed up.
>
> Thanks,

Thanks David - What a brilliant idea!

Is there an option which runs in the background without the Backup screens
appearing? Just a question (hope it is not too silly) to fine tune the
whole thing.

----------------------
"jm7" <x@ht> wrote in message news:uhrvLJeeFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I am trying to backup the outlook.pst file using NTBACKUP in WIN XP using
> the commandline.
>
> However, the following does not work.
>
> ntbackup "@c:\temp\outlook.bks" /j "outlook" /m "copy" /f
> "c:\temp\outlook.bkf"
>
> It flashes through the NTBACKUP wizard screen and obviously stops.
>
> is the /J parameter required? If it is then does it just use the name of
> the BKS file? There is only one file being backed up.
>
> Thanks,

It's been 4 years since I last used it. If it is scheduled in Task Scheduler under a different account to the user then the user doesn't see it.

"jm7" <x@ht> wrote in message news:e5FOgzfeFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Thanks David - What a brilliant idea!
>
> Is there an option which runs in the background without the Backup screens
> appearing? Just a question (hope it is not too silly) to fine tune the
> whole thing.
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> Schedule the job throygh the wizard and you'll find a correct command line
> in Task Scheduler you can cut and paste.

> ----------------------
> "jm7" <x@ht> wrote in message news:uhrvLJeeFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>I am trying to backup the outlook.pst file using NTBACKUP in WIN XP using
>> the commandline.
>>
>> However, the following does not work.
>>
>> ntbackup "@c:\temp\outlook.bks" /j "outlook" /m "copy" /f
>> "c:\temp\outlook.bkf"
>>
>> It flashes through the NTBACKUP wizard screen and obviously stops.
>>
>> is the /J parameter required? If it is then does it just use the name of
>> the BKS file? There is only one file being backed up.
>>
>> Thanks,

TRENDING THREADS