systray info word balloons

Is there a way to set a 1 second timeout for these? the default 5?
secs seems like an eternity..

thanx
4 answers Last reply
More about systray info word balloons

    Automated edit look here:

    Read instructions at the top
    Scroll down to:
    7. Increase Balloon Tip Display Time
    -----

    Or navigate to>>
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNot
    ify
    BalloonTip
    REG_DWORD
    0x00000003 (3)

    Hexadecimal

    3 = 3 seconds
    5 = 5 seconds
    et cetera

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eQfhZkeeFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    otis <otisspamblotisno@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

    otis <otisspamblotisno@yahoo.com> had this to say:

    > Is there a way to set a 1 second timeout for these? the default 5?
    > secs seems like an eternity..
    >
    > thanx

    Not that I'm aware of off the top of my head. Perhaps this will be a better
    idea:

    Disable Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/RegistryTips/Disable-Hide/DisableBalloonTipsinWindowsXP.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    you guys are great!!

    thanx

    Wesley Vogel wrote:
    > Automated edit look here:
    >
    > Read instructions at the top
    > Scroll down to:
    > 7. Increase Balloon Tip Display Time
    > -----
    >
    > Or navigate to>>
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNot
    > ify
    > BalloonTip
    > REG_DWORD
    > 0x00000003 (3)
    >
    > Hexadecimal
    >
    > 3 = 3 seconds
    > 5 = 5 seconds
    > et cetera

    changed to 1 for 1 sec ?? but now they run for anywhere between 15
    and 55 seconds..... what gives?

    i would like the 1 second, not disabled - YET!!

    thanx

    Wesley Vogel wrote:

    > Automated edit look here:
    >
    > Read instructions at the top
    > Scroll down to:
    > 7. Increase Balloon Tip Display Time
    > -----
    >
    > Or navigate to>>
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNot
    > ify
    > BalloonTip
    > REG_DWORD
    > 0x00000003 (3)