systray info word balloons

June 25, 2005 11:50:44 PM

Is there a way to set a 1 second timeout for these? the default 5?
secs seems like an eternity..

thanx
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 11:50:45 PM

Automated edit look here:

Read instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
7. Increase Balloon Tip Display Time
-----

Or navigate to>>
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNot
ify
BalloonTip
REG_DWORD
0x00000003 (3)

Hexadecimal

3 = 3 seconds
5 = 5 seconds
et cetera

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eQfhZkeeFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
otis <otisspamblotisno@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> Is there a way to set a 1 second timeout for these? the default 5?
> secs seems like an eternity..
>
> thanx
June 26, 2005 1:24:52 AM

In news:eQfhZkeeFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
otis <otisspamblotisno@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> Is there a way to set a 1 second timeout for these? the default 5?
> secs seems like an eternity..
>
> thanx

Not that I'm aware of off the top of my head. Perhaps this will be a better
idea:

Disable Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/Wind...

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
June 27, 2005 8:10:28 PM

you guys are great!!

thanx

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> Automated edit look here:
>
> Read instructions at the top
> Scroll down to:
> 7. Increase Balloon Tip Display Time
> -----
>
> Or navigate to>>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNot
> ify
> BalloonTip
> REG_DWORD
> 0x00000003 (3)
>
> Hexadecimal
>
> 3 = 3 seconds
> 5 = 5 seconds
> et cetera

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:01:49 PM

changed to 1 for 1 sec ?? but now they run for anywhere between 15
and 55 seconds..... what gives?

i would like the 1 second, not disabled - YET!!

thanx

!