Free Compiler for Empire Server Code

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Hello,

Does anyone know of a free and, importantly, and easy to use compiler
I can download to compile the Empire Server code. I'm running XP on my
PC.

Thanks,
Gary
2 answers Last reply
More about free compiler empire server code
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

    gary@gary.bone.name (Gary) wrote in message news:<6464ebe7.0407030440.5bf91e13@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a free and, importantly, and easy to use compiler
    > I can download to compile the Empire Server code. I'm running XP on my
    > PC.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Gary

    Gary

    I use Visual Studio 6.0 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 environments
    neither of which is free.

    I also use Interix environment from Unix Services for Windows which is
    free but you must have XP-Pro not XP-Home to use it.

    If you do find a compiler for Windows with POSIX library, the Interix
    compile should be close. If you do find comptabible compiler for
    Windows with WIN32 library the NT build should be close.

    Ron K.
    rkoenderink@yahoo.ca
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

    In article <6464ebe7.0407030440.5bf91e13@posting.google.com>,
    Gary <gary@gary.bone.name> wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >Does anyone know of a free and, importantly, and easy to use compiler
    >I can download to compile the Empire Server code. I'm running XP on my
    >PC.

    No, but there are pre-compiled binaries of the Empire server code
    available here: http://tinyurl.com/2huka

    Unless you're wanting to do some serious, serious changing of the
    code, this will probably suit your purposes. Much of the server
    configuration is configurable without having to compile.

    -Geoff
    aka Mithrilien

Compile Servers Games Windows XP Video Games