Free Compiler for Empire Server Code

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Hello,

Does anyone know of a free and, importantly, and easy to use compiler
I can download to compile the Empire Server code. I'm running XP on my
PC.

Thanks,
Gary

gary@gary.bone.name (Gary) wrote in message news:<6464ebe7.0407030440.5bf91e13@posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a free and, importantly, and easy to use compiler
> I can download to compile the Empire Server code. I'm running XP on my
> PC.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

Gary

I use Visual Studio 6.0 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 environments
neither of which is free.

I also use Interix environment from Unix Services for Windows which is
free but you must have XP-Pro not XP-Home to use it.

If you do find a compiler for Windows with POSIX library, the Interix
compile should be close. If you do find comptabible compiler for
Windows with WIN32 library the NT build should be close.

Ron K.
rkoenderink@yahoo.ca

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

In article <6464ebe7.0407030440.5bf91e13@posting.google.com>,
Gary <gary@gary.bone.name> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know of a free and, importantly, and easy to use compiler
>I can download to compile the Empire Server code. I'm running XP on my
>PC.

No, but there are pre-compiled binaries of the Empire server code
available here: http://tinyurl.com/2huka

Unless you're wanting to do some serious, serious changing of the
code, this will probably suit your purposes. Much of the server
configuration is configurable without having to compile.

-Geoff
aka Mithrilien