Sign in with
Your question

Need Help with Laptop Selection

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 11, 2008 9:28:21 AM

Hi all!

I am looking for a relatively inexpensive laptop platform for the video game FFXI only. I only play FFXI, no crysis or anything high end, hell I don't even care if FFXI is in its lowest settings, I just want to be able to get ~30 FPS average.

I know toms forums rarely recommend buying from a vendor, but as far as I can tell vendors seem to be cheaper in the scene of laptop computing.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a capable laptop, i.e. low end Dell XPS or something. I am looking at the vendor sites, but I'm not really familiar with laptops.

-Thanks!

More about : laptop selection

November 11, 2008 11:24:36 AM

Fill out the sticky Maziar posted at the top of this section. It really helps with this kind of thing
November 11, 2008 12:08:17 PM

No, that's pretty much enough info for me. . . Final Fantasy 11 has fairly low system requirements compared to many modern games.

The newer onbaord solutions from Intel (GM45 / GS45) AMD (M780) or nVIDIA (9100M) should work perfectly (I prefer the AMD one).

Any discrete solution (GeForce 6 / ATI 9xxx or better) will obviously work, as well.
!