Che & mil in units

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Howdy.

At the moment it is so, that fighting Che during the update lowers the
efficieny of units that had to take part in the guerilla war. To prevent
this, unloading mil just before the update and loading them just
afterwards circumvents this. The mil in units didn't get any fighting
bonus anyway, so no use having them get damaged.

Now this seems like undesirable micromanagement to me, not contributing
anything to gameplay, which thus could be removed, but may be some old
fart^W^Wexperienced player could explain to me why it should stay, or,
what I'm overlooking... >:p

Zlo

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

The only problem I have found with the unloading right before the update was
the time that my enemy launched a huge
counter attack and I had only 1 mil in a bunch of units. I got caught with
my mil hanging out...

Tim

Marc Olzheim <zl{}@rec.games.empire.experimental.net> writes:

> Howdy.
>
> At the moment it is so, that fighting Che during the update lowers the
> efficieny of units that had to take part in the guerilla war. To prevent
> this, unloading mil just before the update and loading them just
> afterwards circumvents this. The mil in units didn't get any fighting
> bonus anyway, so no use having them get damaged.

Except for security units.

> Now this seems like undesirable micromanagement to me, not contributing
> anything to gameplay, which thus could be removed, but may be some old
> fart^W^Wexperienced player could explain to me why it should stay, or,
> what I'm overlooking... >:p

I consider it a design bug. But maybe I'm overlooking something.
Anyway, feel free to enter it on SourceForge.