However, I am curious of a few things before i drop nearly 4k on this beast.
1) I have heard of a Q1 refresh of the 9262 based on the upcoming CLEVO refreshes--is there any validity to this, and if so when and what would it be?
2) I am interested in overclocking my CPU, are the bios locked on this? Maybe i'm not using the right terminology but what i mean is the bios accessible without flashing? Some give you the option on startup to simply change the multipliers, etc.
3) How does the 9800M GTX 1,024MB compare to that of the 2 (1,024MB) x 9800M GTX in SLI. (Benchmarks would be awesome) Is there anything better or possibly better coming out soon?
4) How long on average does it take to get one of these--excluding custom paint b/c i hear it is currently out of order. lol
5) anything else i should know before ordering?
Thanks for the replies. They are very much appreciated.
1. I haven't heard anything of the type, and seeing that as they just revamped all of their units, I don't expect so.
2. I don't know, honestly. There are ways to OC without using the BIOS, with varying levels of stability.
3. You can see benchmarks of these cards and every other mobile card you can think of here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benc...
The only thing in the near future I can think of being released for the mobile world is the mobile radion 4000 series. nvidia has size and power issues with the GTX 200 series to make it to the notebook world.
4. Depends on where you order it from. My Clevo (from Sager) was shipped to me 1 week after order.
5. Understand your notebook is a beast that doesn't have "battery life". Too often I see cons of these sorts of notebooks being "too big" or "not enough mobile time". People should realize this before their purchases. Also, you should post a review on this monster
Thanks for the reply Frozen. Yea, it's going to be a desktop replacement.
If anyone knows any additional info on question 2 and 5 it would be appreciated.
More specifically about question 2: can user friendly programs that adjust FSB and clock speeds be used with Intel Core 2 QUAD Q9650 3.0GHz w/ 12MB L2 Cache - 1333MHz FSB ? I ask this because it absolutely will not work with my current Gateway laptop/ or i can't get it to. -_-