Login problems with IE 6 (not experienced with Firefox 1.04

June 26, 2005 2:49:14 PM

Can anybody help me with this annoyance?
Lately, I can't log into websites requiring username:p asswords without
inputting the info twice or thrice. Websites like yahoo mail, passport. And
Everytime I visit the sites, I had to re log in, even during the same
surfing session. Saving passwords doensn't seem to work.
I don't have this problem with firefox, so it can't be the antivirus or
antispyware I'm using.

Thanks in advance!

Frankie
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:49:15 PM

Hi Frankie,

Try to empty your 'temporary internet files' and deleting the 'cookies'. This can be done in IE
through tools>internet options and clicking 'delete cookies' and 'delete files' under the General
tab.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Frankie V. Fernandez, MD" <fvfernandezmd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody help me with this annoyance?
> Lately, I can't log into websites requiring username:p asswords without inputting the info twice or
> thrice. Websites like yahoo mail, passport. And Everytime I visit the sites, I had to re log in,
> even during the same surfing session. Saving passwords doensn't seem to work.
> I don't have this problem with firefox, so it can't be the antivirus or antispyware I'm using.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Frankie

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:49:15 PM

What happens when you log in inputting username and password?
What message does it show?
If it requires logging in again and again then some firewall or antivirus
you are using is not allowing cookies. Ususally malwares do not clean up
cookies of others, as people seek for programs to do that.

!