Dial-Up Connection

My Dial-up connection box keeps coming up when I am away from my computer.
I had it set for auto connect in the past, but it would go on line buy it
self, so I had to change that. This started after I up graded to windows XP.
Sure could use some help!
Clay
2 answers Last reply
More about dial connection

    Any of a number of things could cause auto dial to initiate. How many
    programs do you have installed that auto update? Do you have all of these
    functions OFF in every single program that utilizes this function? How about
    your antivirus program updates - same thing. Also your anti spyware programs
    trying to auto update at a particular time of day.

    Then there are the rogue dialers that call an expensive number overseas and
    bill your phone co. hundreds of dollars.

    The list goes on!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "cladot2" <cladot2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Dial-up connection box keeps coming up when I am away from my computer.
    > I had it set for auto connect in the past, but it would go on line buy it
    > self, so I had to change that. This started after I up graded to windows
    > XP.
    > Sure could use some help!
    > Clay

    Besides this just check in the 'Internet Options', click on Connections tab,
    select the connection name, then watch whether the option "Never dial a
    connection" is checked.

    "Richard Urban" wrote:

    > Any of a number of things could cause auto dial to initiate. How many
    > programs do you have installed that auto update? Do you have all of these
    > functions OFF in every single program that utilizes this function? How about
    > your antivirus program updates - same thing. Also your anti spyware programs
    > trying to auto update at a particular time of day.
    >
    > Then there are the rogue dialers that call an expensive number overseas and
    > bill your phone co. hundreds of dollars.
    >
    > The list goes on!
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
    >
    > If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >

    > "cladot2" <cladot2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My Dial-up connection box keeps coming up when I am away from my computer.
    > > I had it set for auto connect in the past, but it would go on line buy it
    > > self, so I had to change that. This started after I up graded to windows
    > > XP.
    > > Sure could use some help!
    > > Clay

Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows XP