Tablets are overrated

dgriffs

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Am I on the only person that thinks tablets are overrated? People hate on netbooks but at least they have keyboards. I bought a $300 10" netbook that runs fine for basic applications for web browsing, email, etc. It even has a keyboard. Can someone explain to me why I would want to buy a $500 tablet that doesn't have a keyboard or a legitimate operating system. Any sort of extended typing using a tablet without some sort of a dock is a joke. I guess using apps in hd isn't just isn't enough to make me want a tablet. I have uses for a smart phone and a compact computer, not something that is a mediocre version of both. This is only my personal opinion and I myself do not have a tablet. Feel free to leave your opinions.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
To start with tablets are lighter so using them in bed or on a sofa is alot easier. The touch input is much easier and faster to use than a track-pad (IMO). Of course you can use a mouse with a netbook, but its awkward to use one in bed or on the sofa etc. Tablets offer 8 to 10 hours battery life where as netbooks offer about 3 to 6.

That's some of the reasons I'm looking into buying one myself anyway.

jinhan

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Echo on Dark Comet comment, if ones does not own any laptop or tablet yet, I would recommend him to get a tablet with keyboard and battery pack extension, a really good example would be Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101, it can perform mostly all the functions that today a netbook can perform. You check the specs here Top Tablet PC Comparison

TRENDING THREADS