meddling_kid

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
Hello I'm currently considering some new hard drives and would consider 2x 15,000 scsi's in RAID0 or 2x 10,000 SATA's. Can you point me to any benchmarks ? Price is not a huge concern as I've been researching and the SCSI's aren't as bad as they used to be. Thanks in advance

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD 2800+ @ 2.2
1 GB Kingston Hyper-X 2-3-3-6
ATI Radeon 7500

"Don't worry brain, my computer will do the thinking for us now" Homer Simpson

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
There aren't many reviews that directly compare SCSI and IDE because they are intended for different markets. You could take a look at <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/20031114/index.html" target="_new">this review</A> from Tom's

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=114979" target="_new">My PCs</A> :cool:

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
What are you intending to use your computer for? You cant justify the price of SCSI if you are just surfing the internet and playing games.

P4c 2.6@3.25
512Mb PC4000
2x120Gb 7200.7 in RAID0
Waterchill KT12-L30
Abit AI7
Radeon 9800Pro

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hehe, what do you mean by "SCSI's aren't as bad as they used to be"?

lol, that was THE STATEMENT.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Presumably he means the price, you can get a 36G, 15K rpm SCSI for about $130 and a 74G, 10K rpm drive for $150.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=114979" target="_new">My PCs</A> :cool:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Damn you're annoying, seriously.

"Price is not a huge concern as I've been researching and the SCSI's aren't as bad as they used to be."

Do you understand how complex sentences are generally structured. You use and, yet, but, etc. to combine two sentences that share a main idea; you create a complex sentences to more forcefully convery an idea while keeping your work from chopiness. So in the grammatical context, he is talking about PRICE, so shut your yap and go away!

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by flamethrower205 on 05/15/04 00:17 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've being listening to your speeches for a long time and they become more and more ruthless toward my own self, which is not a nice thing in my own book that I keep track of from my birthday, yet you are trying to be nice in the eyes of people which come around here to have nice informative conversations in order to have some brain tickles which do bring a sense of satisfactory emotions and achievement of something good and useful for their own life, but you are distorting that feeling by you Gestapo remarks and distraction of self esteem in people's mind to the extend of obsession and ridiculous disgust and yet trying to stay on the top of every body by saying that you, and only you, are the most educated in all aspects of our life and no body else deserves to speak their own mind about anything without your thorough research and correction in order to bring it up to your level of moral and scientific standings and if these people try to stand on their ground without your approval you are trying to destroy them by spitting them in the face and proclaiming them as garbage of civilization which deserves no attention from any part of our society in which we all live and try to cope with each other in our daily lives to which you have no respect and by this you are proclaiming yourself as a disgusting worm eating all good things from inside of people's mind and yet trying to show yourself higher than you really are, but have no success in such attempts and I can see that you will have terrible death which will bring you to the end of your own selfish existence and realization of useless and pointless life you had which had no value and thus will get to be burning in hell if you won't change your attitude toward other human beings and be more respectful to the species you live with and in between since you were born and razed up by the same human beings you are trying to step on in your own head by showing your disrespect to the words that does not share your own views and thoughts that are absolutely have no values in my mind and even though I wish you'll have a better life than you deserve it is all up to you to decide what you are going to die with and what you are going to bring into eternity and stand in front of the Judge of all of us, yet to be able to show what you've done living here and how you've treated everyone of us nice people that we are and not to be thrown into fire with the same jerks as yourself to be burned for ever and be tortured by the thought that you had you chance to be with us in heaven, but were spitting at it by spitting at us and not listening to a very patient and nice warnings we did try to bring to your attention while we were living with your unspeakably worthless attitude toward lives of others..

is this "complex sentence" is long enough for ya, or should me continue?

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
following same logic, everything is not "as bad" these days
Yep, exactly and extending that logic everything will be better tomorrow :smile: