How do I find my Internet IP address

June 26, 2005 9:53:05 AM

How do I find my Internet IP address? I use high speed Internet connection
through my own router,

Thanks.

More about : find internet address

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:53:06 AM

In article <5prve.13217$eM6.2574@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Erik" <news@ix4.net> wrote:
>How do I find my Internet IP address? I use high speed Internet connection
>through my own router,
>
>Thanks.

That information is available on the router's status page, which
typically has an address like http://192.168.0.1 or
http://192.168.1.1
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 12:29:46 PM

Erik wrote:
> How do I find my Internet IP address? I use high speed Internet connection
> through my own router,
>
> Thanks.

1) Start > Run > Cmd. <Enter>

2) IPCONFIG /ALL <Enter>

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
June 26, 2005 12:31:18 PM

Steve Winograd [MVP] wrote:

> That information is available on the router's status page, which
> typically has an address like http://192.168.0.1 or
> http://192.168.1.1

Assuming the user isn't security-conscious and has left the defaults in
place, that is. ;-}

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 12:54:30 PM

> Erik wrote:
> > How do I find my Internet IP address? I use high speed Internet
connection
> > through my own router,
> >
> > Thanks.
> 1) Start > Run > Cmd. <Enter>
>
> 2) IPCONFIG /ALL <Enter>
>
> Bruce Chambers

Assuming he is using the standard router (Linksys, SMC etc.), all
that will do is show him his LAN IP address - for the "internet IP
address", you need to either use the link others have provided or
go to the router status page and see what the IP is on the WAN
side. He did say he was using a high speed connection through
his own router.

mikey
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 1:01:02 PM

You can use this link also

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

"Erik" wrote:

> How do I find my Internet IP address? I use high speed Internet connection
> through my own router,
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:35:21 PM

To obtain your WAN or Internet Address, you can use the
web site http://WhatIsMyIp.com

> Steve Winograd [MVP] wrote:
>

>> That information is available on the router's status page, which
>> typically has an address like http://192.168.0.1 or
>> http://192.168.1.1
>

> Assuming the user isn't security-conscious and has left the defaults in
> place, that is. ;-}
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 7:55:10 PM

www.whatismyip.com

Jayso

Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

"Erik" <news@ix4.net> wrote in message
> How do I find my Internet IP address? I use high speed Internet connection
> through my own router,
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 8:06:14 PM

Oh and by the way, your router will change the port numbers for connections
to the internet. This shouldn't have too much problems for you unless you
run a server of some type, or try to run a remote desktop connection from
somewhere else in the world to your computer

Jayso

Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

"Erik" <news@ix4.net> wrote in message
> How do I find my Internet IP address? I use high speed Internet connection
> through my own router,
>
> Thanks.

June 26, 2005 8:06:15 PM

Jayso wrote:
> Oh and by the way, your router will change the port numbers for connections
> to the internet. This shouldn't have too much problems for you unless you
> run a server of some type, or try to run a remote desktop connection from
> somewhere else in the world to your computer

Hi Jayso

Not sure what you mean here. Can you clarity?

With my router, I just open the standard ports like 3389 for RDP and 80
for HTTP (IIS) and I can connect fine from outside.
June 26, 2005 10:52:52 PM

Thanks everybody for answering my post. It's been helpful. Sorry for the
double post.

Erik

!