What is the best for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kernow Kid

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
1_What is your budget?
£ 800 +/- £200

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 - 17"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
Best possible

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable - I'm taking it travelling, but I don't mind a large size

5_How much battery life do you need?
Lots - 9 cell or higher (I think thats what I mean?!)

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, Far Cry, Command and Conquer 3, Call of Duty 4, etc. Medium to high, online if possible

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
All except video editing, I'd do that on home pc

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
160+ I'll store Music and some movies from my HDD vid cam on it when I'm travelling

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Any, but prefer UK

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
My first one
I need Office 2003 or later as I work with Excel
Happy with XP but I don't miind Vista

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't mind

13_What country do you live in?
England

Thanks for your help :D
KK

I hope this can help people to better find their ideal notebook.

Kernow Kid

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Thanks for that, both look good.
I'm not sure how good Dell are as laptops, I don't know anyone who has one.
I use a Dell pc at work all day, and can't say I'm really impressed, but I'll check out the reviews on the web.
The Asus is US only and the shipping would cost a bit more, but I'll try to find the UK equivalent.

What I may do is wait until next April and look again as I should get more bang for my buck then (and maybe get some more Birthday and Xmas cash as well ;) )

Thanks for your help.
KK

noxil

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008

I agree with you. I think it is the best choice. you can see detail for this link.
Click Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.