Pat's Game and WinACE

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

I will be making some modifications to WinACE to support Pat's new
game.

1) break command
- WinACE hangs if you let the game you prompt.
2) explore feature
- disable civs option.
3) build feature
- switch to use mil for exploration
4) disable commands
??
5) disable civs/uws for
- moving
- load
- lload
- dropping
??

Let me know if there is other fixes or changes needed either a posting
or email me at rkoenderink@yahoo.ca

Ron K.

rkoenderink@yahoo.ca (Ron Koenderink) wrote in message news:<ae2bf018.0408231734.320f178b@posting.google.com>...
> I will be making some modifications to WinACE to support Pat's new
> game.
>
> 1) break command
> - WinACE hangs if you let the game you prompt.
> 2) explore feature
> - disable civs option.
> 3) build feature
> - switch to use mil for exploration
> 4) disable commands
> ??
> 5) disable civs/uws for
> - moving
> - load
> - lload
> - dropping
> ??

1) The "enlist" menu selection is greyed out, probably because WinAce
thinks there are no civs present.

2) There is red ink in the productivity analysis and generally
problems in that area. This should be a higher priority than disabling
civs/uws in moving, etc.

3) I noticed that Pat's game allows land units to be loaded on trains,
but WinAce only allows planes in the menu.

4) I think this is a server problem, not a WinAce problem, but can
someone please prevail on Pat to give ships something to do? Mine
don't seem to accept interdiction missions due to "no radius" or some
such.

Thanks! Great stuff!

John

"Ron Koenderink" <rkoenderink@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> I will be making some modifications to WinACE to support Pat's new
> game.
>
> 1) break command
> - WinACE hangs if you let the game you prompt.
> 2) explore feature
> - disable civs option.
> 3) build feature
> - switch to use mil for exploration
> 4) disable commands
> ??
> 5) disable civs/uws for
> - moving
> - load
> - lload
> - dropping
> ??
>
> Let me know if there is other fixes or changes needed either a posting
> or email me at rkoenderink@yahoo.ca
>
> Ron K.

I do not see a need at this time for all this work. Removing civs
broke several of the reporting tools. Also, this game is done.
He may go make other major mods. You should wait until
he runs a non-test game to make special mods.

Tom

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

There is special version of WinACE available for 2K4.
It is available at sourceforge.net/projects/winace under 2K4 version 2.4.17.

It is test version like the game.

It is patch file so you must be at 2.4.16 before using the patch file.

Changes:
'break' command does not lock up WinACE.
Disabled civ option in explore.
Switched to military for explore building bridge spans/towers.
Enabled enlist command.
Fixed civ. population for production reports.

Let me know if there is other issues that need to be addressed.

Ron K.
rkoenderink@yahoo.ca