Add/Remove Programs

In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
error: An exception occured while trying to run "
C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?
4 answers Last reply
More about remove programs

    Try this to see if it helps.

    Put your windows xp cd in the computer, then click on Start > Run, Type
    "sfc -scannow" and click ok. It will scan your system files and replace them
    if necessary.

    Reboot the computer and try again.

    Justin Zellers, MCP

    "coolsarah" wrote:

    > In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
    > error: An exception occured while trying to run "
    > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?

    Thank you Justin. I'll give that a try. Sarah

    "Justin Zellers" wrote:

    > Try this to see if it helps.
    >
    > Put your windows xp cd in the computer, then click on Start > Run, Type
    > "sfc -scannow" and click ok. It will scan your system files and replace them
    > if necessary.
    >
    > Reboot the computer and try again.
    >
    > Justin Zellers, MCP
    >
    > "coolsarah" wrote:
    >
    > > In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
    > > error: An exception occured while trying to run "
    > > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?

    Amazing! It worked. Thank you so much. I have been so frustrated w/this error
    msg for several months. I just happened to come across this site last night.
    Finally the problem is solved. Thanks Justin!

    "Justin Zellers" wrote:

    > Try this to see if it helps.
    >
    > Put your windows xp cd in the computer, then click on Start > Run, Type
    > "sfc -scannow" and click ok. It will scan your system files and replace them
    > if necessary.
    >
    > Reboot the computer and try again.
    >
    > Justin Zellers, MCP
    >
    > "coolsarah" wrote:
    >
    > > In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
    > > error: An exception occured while trying to run "
    > > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?
  4. Is there any way to do this without the XP disk? I have apparently lost the actual program disk and only have some "how to use XP" disk available.

    I really need to remove some programs - so I'd love to get this fixed!

    thanks,

    -cyn

Control Panel System32 Microsoft Windows XP