Add/Remove Programs

In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
error: An exception occured while trying to run "
C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?

Try this to see if it helps.

Put your windows xp cd in the computer, then click on Start > Run, Type
"sfc -scannow" and click ok. It will scan your system files and replace them
if necessary.

Reboot the computer and try again.

Justin Zellers, MCP

"coolsarah" wrote:

> In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
> error: An exception occured while trying to run "
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?

Thank you Justin. I'll give that a try. Sarah

"Justin Zellers" wrote:

> Try this to see if it helps.
>
> Put your windows xp cd in the computer, then click on Start > Run, Type
> "sfc -scannow" and click ok. It will scan your system files and replace them
> if necessary.
>
> Reboot the computer and try again.
>
> Justin Zellers, MCP
>
> "coolsarah" wrote:
>
> > In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
> > error: An exception occured while trying to run "
> > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?

Amazing! It worked. Thank you so much. I have been so frustrated w/this error
msg for several months. I just happened to come across this site last night.
Finally the problem is solved. Thanks Justin!

"Justin Zellers" wrote:

> Try this to see if it helps.
>
> Put your windows xp cd in the computer, then click on Start > Run, Type
> "sfc -scannow" and click ok. It will scan your system files and replace them
> if necessary.
>
> Reboot the computer and try again.
>
> Justin Zellers, MCP
>
> "coolsarah" wrote:
>
> > In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs will not operate. I get the following
> > error: An exception occured while trying to run "
> > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\WINDOWS\System32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs". Can anyone help?

Squelched

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Is there any way to do this without the XP disk? I have apparently lost the actual program disk and only have some "how to use XP" disk available.

I really need to remove some programs - so I'd love to get this fixed!

thanks,

-cyn