LCD 19"+ for about 400$

rexio8

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Welcome All!
I need help in finding a good lcd monitor generally with good viewing angles, rich colors and not too slow. I would like to use it for prezentations, viewing movies and from time to time for some gaming (mainly racing, flight simulators ect. ). I can't be a widescreen.
I was thinking about:
Samsung SM 193P+
NEC 1990FX
NEC 1970NX
Xerox AX7-19I - 8 ms
Viewsonic VP930
NEC 90GX2
Samsung SM 913TM
but maybe you would recommend something else? (maybe something from Eizo - I've heard that it's a good company but don't know anything about their good lcd's.) Which model from those above you would recommend and why?
This matter is quite urgent for me.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Regards
rexio8

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Welcome All!
I need help in finding a good lcd monitor generally with good viewing angles, rich colors and not too slow. I would like to use it for prezentations, viewing movies and from time to time for some gaming (mainly racing, flight simulators ect. ). I can't be a widescreen.
I was thinking about:
Samsung SM 193P+
NEC 1990FX
NEC 1970NX
Xerox AX7-19I - 8 ms
Viewsonic VP930
NEC 90GX2
Samsung SM 913TM
but maybe you would recommend something else? (maybe something from Eizo - I've heard that it's a good company but don't know anything about their good lcd's.) Which model from those above you would recommend and why?
This matter is quite urgent for me.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Regards
rexio8

You have selected good ones for your price range, though I know nothing about the Xerox line. Eizo is more expensive than this group.

You might also check Samsung 940T and a new model, Samsung 940BX. (The 940BX is a TN screen but with 1000:1 CR, and bit less expensive. Perhaps marginal on viewing angle as with most TN screens.)

rexio8

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I've just returned from a RTV shop and seen the Samsung SM 193P+ on the default settings. And I must say that it looked awful. And I coudn't even change anything. I've liked better even the Samsung 960BG because of a much darken screen.It's shiny and reflects light in a specyfic way - it's different from all the other LCD's I've seen there) an I don't remember what the technology is called (Magic sth). So my question is: Is any of those displays similar in rich dark as the Samsung 960BG? (Those NEC's intrigue me because the use the S-IPS. Maybe it's better than S-PVA)

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
One problem with viewing monitors at a retailer is that they have the output source set on one resolution... all monitors not having that as "native" are likely to look crappy.

Of the big retailers, Microcenter is the one I prefer because they understand this. Suggest you try again and make sure you're viewing monitors you're interested in at it's native resolution. Then, adjust the monitor for what appears to be the best setting in your eye.

rexio8

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Unfortunately I can't do that. I don't live in the USA but in Poland...And I'm having problems to find those displays I'm interested in. So the only way to buy them is from an e-store.

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Unfortunately I can't do that. I don't live in the USA but in Poland...And I'm having problems to find those displays I'm interested in. So the only way to buy them is from an e-store.

Ummmm.... I know the Viewsonic NEC 90GX2, and Samsung 940T get very good reviews from the Newegg.com buyers. The NEC has the shiny, Brite screen. If you like that, it's an excellent choice.... but you have to contend with the glare issue if you can't control the lighting where it's used.

Otherwise, I suggest you check out the ratings on Newegg.com and see what the buyers rate highly.

rexio8

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I'll check it out. Thanks very much!

Edit: I've found a Fujitsu Siemens P19-2. Haven't seen it yet but it has a couple of good opinions on the e-stores I've loocked at. Had anybody contact with it?

rexio8

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I tested a F-S P17-2 LCD yesterday and I must say that it was quite nice. Unfortunately it was the only monitor I could test in a home environment and I have basicly no comparision with others. Some people suggested that I should take into consideration a Samsung 971P. The technical data looks good but is it better/worse then the F-S P19-2?

rexio8

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I've tested a 20" Dell 7001FP. And after working with it I'm concerned about the resolution difference between the 19" and 20". I think that the 19" has a bit too smal resolution... So I guess I'll buy the Dell since I can buy it at the same price as the 19" Fujitsu-Siemens. Thank You for help Hose!