New Empire Game Daily "blitz" starting

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

NOTE: Sign up information is at the end of this post.

I'm looking at running an Empire server that would act as a generic
game. Something similar to wolfpack's current blitz games, but with
daily updates instead of 10m or 30m.

Anyway, I started one for the hell of it. Its all stock empire stuff.
here are some details.

This should be considered a non-serious, recreation server.
Its my first "public" server (I've been running and playing with local
servers for the past year). I can make no guarantee as to uptime. I
currently have a pretty reliable connection, but, you never know. I have
a UPS, (an APC UPS), but there was a weird power thing one day and it
didn't prevent an outage.

Anyway. I'm not even sure if this is desired by the community, but I'm
offering it none-the-less. I'm willing to run multiple servers if people
what servers with certain types of configurations. One thing I'm not
sure of is what options "most" people like to play with/without - or
what's the most fun. My biggest problem, as a newbie deity, is world
size for the number of players. Is a 64x32 world too small for 10
players? (Looking at the whole map, it seems a little crowded)

All and all I would like to have a few daily update "blitz" games (I use
the term blitz in the same way Zebra uses it - there's no official sign
up) Unless people would prefer to play in some leisure games, but would
still like a sign up period to guarantee a certain number of players
with an appropriate world size.

I'd really like some feedback as to what people might want out of a
server such as this. Also, feel free to tell me if what I'm doing is
irresponsible...I'd hate to detract from he community

THIS INITIAL SERVER WILL ACT AS A BETA TEST TO MY DEITY ABILITIES
(I gotta start somewhere)

SERVER RH Linux 9.0
CONN DSL 960k/960k
HOST gamesagacity.net
PORT 6665

10 players, standard 1/1, 2/2 etc also a visitor/visitor

Empire 4.2.17
(KSU distribution 1.04, Chainsaw version 4.00, Wolfpack version 2.17)

The following parameters have been set for this game:
World size is 64 by 32.
By default, countries use their own coordinate system.

An Empire time unit is 1440 seconds long.
An update consists of 60 empire time units.
Each country is allowed to be logged in 1440 minutes a day.
It takes 8.33 civilians to produce a BTU in one time unit.
Sectors Ships Planes Units
Maximum mobility 127 127 127 127
Max mob gain per update 60 90 60 60
Max eff gain per update -- 100 100 100

Options enabled in this game:
ALL_BLEED, BRIDGETOWERS, DEMANDUPDATE, FALLOUT, GODNEWS,
INTERDICT_ATT, LANDSPIES, LOANS, NEUTRON, NO_PLAGUE, NOMOBCOST,
NUKEFAILDETONATE, ORBIT, PINPOINTMISSILE, PLANENAMES, SAIL,
SHIPNAMES, SHOWPLANE, TREATIES, UPDATESCHED

Options disabled in this game:
BIG_CITY, BLITZ, DEFENSE_INFRA, DRNUKE, EASY_BRIDGES, FUEL,
GO_RENEW, HIDDEN, LOSE_CONTACT, MARKET, MOB_ACCESS, NO_FORT_FIRE,
NO_HCMS, NO_LCMS, NO_OIL, NOFOOD, NONUKES, RES_POP, SLOW_WAR,
SNEAK_ATTACK, SUPER_BARS, TECH_POP, TRADESHIPS

P.S. The deity *may* run a country in some of these games.
P.S.S. I think that's everything. Please let me know if I left anything out.

Scott Zielinski

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Ooo. 1 other thing. They don't all have to be daily updates either. I'd
be willing to vary it according to what the community needs/desires

TRENDING THREADS