I upgraded from media player 9 this morning to media player 10.I prefered
player 9 so I rolled the system back as requested by windows xp.
Since i've carried out this operation i can't play any media in the player
now i.e radio, video etc and i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out
what to do.
I'm hoping someone out there could help me please.
The message says Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience along with this AppName:
iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: dsound.dll
ModVer: 5.3.1.904 Offset: 0005011c
C:\DOCUME~1\ALEXAN~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER33.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Try:-
start>run>sfc /scannow >ok

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

ajr wrote:

> I upgraded from media player 9 this morning to media player 10.I prefered
> player 9 so I rolled the system back as requested by windows xp.
> Since i've carried out this operation i can't play any media in the player
> now i.e radio, video etc and i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out
> what to do.
> I'm hoping someone out there could help me please.
> The message says Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience along with this AppName:
> iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: dsound.dll
> ModVer: 5.3.1.904 Offset: 0005011c
> C:\DOCUME~1\ALEXAN~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER33.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Hi there,
Thanks for the help.
Tried what you said but no joy.
Regards
alex

dsound.dll is a DirectX DLL which adds functionality for Direct
Sound.Reinstall DirectX.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

ajr wrote:

> Hi there,
> Thanks for the help.
> Tried what you said but no joy.
> Regards
> alex

Hi again,
Thanks again for your help.
I downloaded and installed direct x 9.0c from microsoft as you said.
Guess what.
It's still at it.
It's strange because it's only happened after i stupidly tried media player
10.
I feel like an idiot.
Alex.

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> dsound.dll is a DirectX DLL which adds functionality for Direct
> Sound.Reinstall DirectX.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> ajr wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > Thanks for the help.
> > Tried what you said but no joy.
> > Regards
> > alex

Try a repair install.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

ajr wrote:
> Hi again,
> Thanks again for your help.
> I downloaded and installed direct x 9.0c from microsoft as you said.
> Guess what.
> It's still at it.
> It's strange because it's only happened after i stupidly tried media player
> 10.
> I feel like an idiot.
> Alex.
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>

>>dsound.dll is a DirectX DLL which adds functionality for Direct
>>Sound.Reinstall DirectX.
>>
>>regards,
>>ssg MS-MVP
>>
>>ajr wrote:
>>

>>>Hi there,
>>>Thanks for the help.
>>>Tried what you said but no joy.
>>>Regards
>>>alex

Hi again,
sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
I've had a look at your suggestion.
It says that i should reboot my system with the xp cd.The only cd I have is
the sony vaio cd that came with the computer.
I'm a bit reluctant to start playing about with something i'm not to
technical on.
Do you think there is any other way of rectifying this problem so I don't do
something that might make matters worse.I've seen on some posts that people
have the same problem and i'm wondering if it's something to do with wmp 10.
Thanks again for your suggestions, I really appreciate you taking the time.
Alex.
--
A J R.