paint

June 26, 2005 10:09:02 AM

I defrag'd my hdd last night, now I've noticed this morning that the "paint"
accessory has disappeared. Any suggestions on how I can get it back? I use
it almost daily.
--
duffer jim

More about : paint

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 6:19:58 PM

Hi

Try typing the following into Start>Run to make sure that the Paint program
hasn't been deleted from your system:

mspaint

If Paint runs, you can make a Desktop shortcut for it with the following
command:

%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"duffer.jim" <jshannon@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>I defrag'd my hdd last night, now I've noticed this morning that the
>"paint"
> accessory has disappeared. Any suggestions on how I can get it back? I
> use
> it almost daily.
> --
> duffer jim
June 26, 2005 6:19:59 PM

Running %systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe does not make a short cut nor does
it put MSpaint on the desktop. That command merely opens the program.
Click on start, search, find MSpaint and right click on it and select
create shortcut. move the shortcut to the desktop.
June 26, 2005 6:19:59 PM

run>mspaint didn't work - couldn't find file - I guess it's gone. I've
downloaded paint.net as an alternative and will check with my IT guy tomorrow
to have XP Pro reloaded. Thanks.
--
duffer jim

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try typing the following into Start>Run to make sure that the Paint program
> hasn't been deleted from your system:
>
> mspaint
>
> If Paint runs, you can make a Desktop shortcut for it with the following
> command:
>
> %systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "duffer.jim" <jshannon@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> >I defrag'd my hdd last night, now I've noticed this morning that the
> >"paint"
> > accessory has disappeared. Any suggestions on how I can get it back? I
> > use
> > it almost daily.
> > --
> > duffer jim

June 26, 2005 6:20:00 PM

duffer.jim wrote:

> run>mspaint didn't work - couldn't find file - I guess it's gone. I've
> downloaded paint.net as an alternative and will check with my IT guy tomorrow
> to have XP Pro reloaded. Thanks.

Reinstall it from Control Panle | Add/Remove Programs | Add/Remove
Windows Components | Accessories and Utilities | Details | Accessories |
Details | Paint.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hi

I should have expanded my last posting a bit. Right click the Desktop and
select New>Shortcut. That command is then entered in a new shortcut in the
'Type the location of the item:' box. Then follow the onscreen instructions
and a Desktop shortcut for MS Paint is created.

--

"Jack" <Jack@nothome.com> wrote in message
> Running %systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe does not make a short cut nor
> does it put MSpaint on the desktop. That command merely opens the program.
> Click on start, search, find MSpaint and right click on it and select
> create shortcut. move the shortcut to the desktop.
June 26, 2005 9:04:20 PM

Hello;
Sorry for the mixup.
Mspaint.exe is in windows\system32 folder
If your Windows are installed on c:\Windows
then the path would be:
c:\Windows\system32\mspaint.exe

open Windows Explorer, go to My Computer> c:\ > Windows > system32 right
click on the file Mspaint.exe and click on make shortcut, copy the shortcut
to the desktop.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 10:23:38 PM

Hi

If just MS Paint is missing, you won't have to reinstall XP.

--

> run>mspaint didn't work - couldn't find file - I guess it's gone. I've
> downloaded paint.net as an alternative and will check with my IT guy
> tomorrow
> to have XP Pro reloaded. Thanks.
> --
> duffer jim
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try typing the following into Start>Run to make sure that the Paint
>> program
>> hasn't been deleted from your system:
>>
>> mspaint
>>
>> If Paint runs, you can make a Desktop shortcut for it with the following
>> command:
>>
>> %systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "duffer.jim" <jshannon@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> >I defrag'd my hdd last night, now I've noticed this morning that the
>> >"paint"
>> > accessory has disappeared. Any suggestions on how I can get it back?
>> > use
>> > it almost daily.
>> > --
>> > duffer jim

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 11:13:09 PM

Firstly Check it here:-C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.ex­e
you can easily create a shortcut by right clicking on it..

If it's missing then Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs >
Add/Remove Windows Components >Accessories and Utilities to reinstall
Paint [you'll need a XP CD).

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

duffer.jim wrote:
> I defrag'd my hdd last night, now I've noticed this morning that the "paint"
> accessory has disappeared. Any suggestions on how I can get it back? I use
> it almost daily.
March 16, 2011 4:20:18 PM

Quote:

Firstly Check it here:-C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.ex­e
you can easily create a shortcut by right clicking on it..

If it's missing then Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs >
Add/Remove Windows Components >Accessories and Utilities to reinstall
Paint [you'll need a XP CD).

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

March 2011 "Wow and thanks!" THIS was the solution! ADD/REMOVE and then over at the left is "Windows Components," didn't even need my disk, it was simply unchecked for some reason (perhaps an MS update? or my refusal to accept some toolbar? or during a defrag? don't know how or when it got unchecked) THANKS!

!