Screen capture

June 26, 2005 1:04:31 PM

How does one "capture" a screen or window?

There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't know
how to do this.

I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to show what
the problem exactly is will require posting it.

TIA

More about : screen capture

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 1:04:32 PM

Ferdy wrote:
> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>
> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't know
> how to do this.
>
> I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to show what
> the problem exactly is will require posting it.
>
> TIA

Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the screen capture, open a
graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will
paste the contents of the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open
file, and allow you to view it or save it as a file for later use.

How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
June 26, 2005 2:09:18 PM

Ferdy wrote:
> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>
> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't
> know how to do this.
>
> I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to
> show what the problem exactly is will require posting it.
>
> TIA

Hit your "print screen" key then open up paint,under edit select paste.

--
Mike Pawlak
June 26, 2005 2:09:19 PM

OK, got it. Thanks.

Now, where can I post it for help?

I know that posting binaries here will not be appreciated---

"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ferdy wrote:
>> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>>
>> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't
>> know how to do this.
>>
>> I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to
>> show what the problem exactly is will require posting it.
>>
>> TIA
>
> Hit your "print screen" key then open up paint,under edit select paste.
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 6:54:31 PM

http://imageshack.us/
then a link to it should work

> Now, where can I post it for help?
>
> I know that posting binaries here will not be appreciated---
>

> "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ferdy wrote:
>>> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>>>
>>> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't
>>> know how to do this.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 7:19:45 PM

Ferdy wrote:
> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>
> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't know
> how to do this.
>
> I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to show what
> the problem exactly is will require posting it.
>
> TIA

Alt-Print Screen will capture the current window, open Paint, use Ctrl-V
(or Shift-Insert or from the menu bar Edit/Paste) to paste the window
capture, then File/Save.

FYI - some people are gonna bitch at you for posting a binary attachment
here. You could alternately put it up on a webpage and post the link to it.

Steve
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 7:19:46 PM

OK--

Here is the link to the screenshot, and an explanation of the problem--

http://img218.echo.cx/my.php?image=screencapture4jm.png

If you'll notice the line above the radar image, the fonts are "over" one
another. This is not the only screen or page that displays this phenomena.
Other pages or windows will also sometimes be missing fonts, have fonts that
are cut off, or otherwise do not display properly.

I have tried changing to different fonts, adjusting monitor settings,
turning Clear Type on and off, all with no success. I've also gone to the
video adapter's website (ATI Radeon X300) and downloaded and installed the
latest driver set, no success.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Also, if there would be a more appropriate newsgroup to post this to, please
advise.

Thanks very much for your help.

Ferdy

!