When I download music from the internet, xp places that music in the MyMusic
Folder. However, when the music is placed in that folder, xp makes a
subfolder where the music is placed in the artist name and sometimes the
album name. Is there anyway, I can download the songs direct to my music
folder without the subfolders?

Bob,

Are you using Windows Media Player? I think this has to do with the Album
art setting. Try in WMP groups.

Microsoft Public Newsgroups:
http://aumha.org/nntp.php

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Bob McConnell" <Bobdar74@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> When I download music from the internet, xp places that music in the
> MyMusic Folder. However, when the music is placed in that folder, xp
> makes a subfolder where the music is placed in the artist name and
> sometimes the album name. Is there anyway, I can download the songs
> direct to my music folder without the subfolders?

Thanks, yes, using WMP and I'll try it there.