Emproxy is alive again.

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Since there were in fact a couple of people that actually used it, my
webbrowser interface for empire is running again. This time my ip
address should be static (according to ADSL provider).

http://emproxy.tryba.nl/emproxy/

The only improvement I made is to create an XMLRPC interface. The idea
behind this is that any client could be modified to use this as a
transport layer instead of a direct connection to an empire server.
http://tryba.nl/empire/emprpc/ should be a kind of proof of concept
client, next step will be to modify ptkei (or pei). That way you can
play with the comfort of your normal client from in your bosses time :)

In case someone wishes to report some feedback: daniel at tryba dot nl

BTW But be sure to implement a "boss key" :)

--

Daniel Tryba

Daniel Tryba <news_rec.games.empire@canopus.nl> wrote:
> The only improvement I made is to create an XMLRPC interface. The idea
> behind this is that any client could be modified to use this as a
> transport layer instead of a direct connection to an empire server.
> http://tryba.nl/empire/emprpc/ should be a kind of proof of concept
> client, next step will be to modify ptkei (or pei). That way you can
> play with the comfort of your normal client from in your bosses time :)

And that would be the followig patch for ptkei:
http://tryba.nl/empire/emprpc/ptkei-1.18.1-xmlrpc.patch

Not perfect, but workable.

--

Daniel Tryba

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Can a client such as WinACE be adapted to support the proxy XMLRPC
interface?
What do I need in a server to host a proxy?

Tom

Tom Johnson <1234tjohnsonREMOVE1234@telogy.com> wrote:

> Can a client such as WinACE be adapted to support the proxy XMLRPC
> interface?

Yes, it shouldn't be to hard (depending on how clean winace's code is).
I never programmed in python and it took only a couple of hours to find
out how ptkei works and where to do the quick hacks...

There are a coupl (usable?) implementations of XMLRPC to be found on
http://www.xmlrpc.com/directory/1568/implementations

The COM or .net classes should be able to integrated easily...

> What do I need in a server to host a proxy?

Well, my implementation should run in any Java Servlet engine (tested on
Tomcat 4.x and 5.0) running in a 1.4 JVM or later... So it should run on
most server platforms without any problems.

--

Daniel Tryba