Logon/logoff security audits

June 26, 2005 11:26:02 AM

We have about 50 computers in 2 clusters which at 4:00AM every day email us a
report containing the security (logon/logoff) events for the 24hr period. I'm
writing a Perl script which will sort through this data and give us a nice
report to show peak usage time, etc.

The problem is that every Windows XP security event is AM/PM rather than
military time. Writing the script would be much easier if, to calculate
session duration, I could simply subtract 9:12:34 from 13:14:15, rather than
9:12:34AM and 1:14:15PM. Anyone know if and how this can be changed? Would it
be some kind of registry or group policy entry? Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 26, 2005 3:50:57 PM

Hi,

To change the time format into the 24hr format, go to control panel and navigate to the "Date, time,
language and regional options". Click on 'Change the format of numbers, dates, and times and click
on 'customize'. Flip to the 'time' tab in the following applet and under the time format drop-down,
select the format with a capital H (e.g.: HH:mm:ss). OK your way out. This will change the date from
am/pm to 24 hr format.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"MrBeef" <MrBeef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have about 50 computers in 2 clusters which at 4:00AM every day email us a
> report containing the security (logon/logoff) events for the 24hr period. I'm
> writing a Perl script which will sort through this data and give us a nice
> report to show peak usage time, etc.
>
> The problem is that every Windows XP security event is AM/PM rather than
> military time. Writing the script would be much easier if, to calculate
> session duration, I could simply subtract 9:12:34 from 13:14:15, rather than
> 9:12:34AM and 1:14:15PM. Anyone know if and how this can be changed? Would it
> be some kind of registry or group policy entry? Thanks.
June 26, 2005 3:50:58 PM

Thanks, that did it!
Anonymous
a b 8 Security