Sign in with
Your question

Text Documents

Last response: in Windows 7
August 25, 2012 4:37:11 AM

I'm wondering if I was to delete any document that opens with notepad would it effect the way a program works?

More about : text documents

a b $ Windows 7
August 25, 2012 4:45:26 AM

No. As long as you don't delete the program, deleting a file won't affect it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 25, 2012 4:49:26 AM

Take it you mean all the *.txt files on your computer? Guess they're there for a reason, so probably left well alone.... mine only take up about 45Mb so not really a nuisance... perhaps someone can give a more definitive answer regarding the use of the *.txt files...
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2012 4:50:47 AM

Okay. There seem to be a lot of useless files that are just note pad files that could free up some space on my SSD.

Thanks.
m
l
August 25, 2012 5:01:14 AM

dodger46 said:
Take it you mean all the *.txt files on your computer? Guess they're there for a reason, so probably left well alone.... mine only take up about 45Mb so not really a nuisance... perhaps someone can give a more definitive answer regarding the use of the *.txt files...

Yeah, they are so scattered around. I'm not gonna go searching for them. I was kind of curious if they would make a difference in the way a program functions.
m
l
August 25, 2012 5:05:46 AM

A lot of them are probably configuration or log files. I recommend that you leave them alone.
m
l
August 25, 2012 5:11:16 AM

blazorthon said:
A lot of them are probably configuration or log files. I recommend that you leave them alone.

Will do. I got a big enough SSD so I probably won't worry about it. Just curious if they played a huge roll.

Thanks.
m
l
!