Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

....so where's H-1B's and Outsourcing modeled in empire? Isn't it time
empire get updated to the 21st century and get the next economic/production
model integrated into it so that we can then pre-forcast the outcome of the
world?

Bungy

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

>Isn't it time empire get updated to the 21st century

To do that we need to have terrorists armed with nuclear bombs roaming around
inside enemy territory. I think Mith had something like that in the Lord of the
Rings game.

Right now it looks like neither the terrorists nor the civilized world can win,
in fact it looks like the terrorists have a chance to destroy the civilized
world. We really don't have an adequate simulation of that scenario yet.

Probably we ought to have a special "Evil Terrorists" country each game,
perhaps called "Al Qaeda", which had control of all the "che" in the game, and
could build spy units or terrorist units or whatever, and blow sectors up, and
steal radioactive materials to make "dirty bombs" (radiological bombs) that
would unleash lots of fallout. So whoever was running the "Evil Terrorists"
country could cause a revolt by the che in any sector they were in at any time;
rather than having the sector revert to old owners it would revert to "Al
Qaeda".

So the "Al Qaeda" would start the game with no sectors, but get more dangerous
as time goes on, and might even win.

Probably the details above need to be improved on, just a first attempt to
visualize such a scenario.

In article <Gnt1d.3115$lX.2703@trnddc04>, Bungholio wrote:
> ...so where's H-1B's and Outsourcing modeled in empire? Isn't it time
> empire get updated to the 21st century and get the next economic/production
> model integrated into it so that we can then pre-forcast the outcome of the
> world?

Hmm. World military superpower leaves education, tech, and money
generation to others, and lives off ever increasing loans from the allied
Fodders, counting on the end of the game before update 50ish to finish at
the top of the power chart before an inevitable long slide to the bottom as
the smaller, more clueful countries eat its carcus. Sort of an inverted
Tech-Feeder. I believe we've seen this sort of game already in newbie games
and when education is made more expensive than normal. I've seen the
strategy tried in other games, but some tech-producing Lawnmower has always
eaten the Fodders early and then the Parasite by midgame.

-harmless

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

If it were be modeled on the 21st century it could not be called "Empire", as the
last Empires called themselves such in 19th and 20th century.

It would now be called "New_World_Order", not Empire.

akorps666@aol.com666 (Akorps666) wrote in message news:<20040914040116.06553.00000651@mb-m18.aol.com>...
> >Isn't it time empire get updated to the 21st century
>
> So the "Al Qaeda" would start the game with no sectors, but get more dangerous
> as time goes on, and might even win.

blowback's a bitch, ain't it?