Problem connecting two drives, please help...

darnoc

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2003
I am trying to connect two optical drives to my PC but am having trouble. The two drives are a Plextor PX-W482A 48x24x48 CD-RW and a Pioneer DVR-106D DVD recorder. I have the Plextor jumped as the master drive and the Pioneer jumped as the slave.

Both drives are connected to the second IDE slot on my Intel D865GBF motherboard using an Antec 36" Cobra IDE cable.

When I boot the computer and enter the BIOS both drives are recognized and listed as the right drives. The Plextor is listed as the master and the Pioneer is listed as the slave. When I boot to Windows both drives are listed as "working properly" under the Device Manager.

But both drives aren't working properly. The Pioneer appears in My Computer and works just fine. The Plextor doesn't appear in my computer and I can't seem to get it working. I've tried uninstalling both drives from the Device Manager and then have it reinstall them. But that didn't solve the problem.

I've checked the jumpers and connections several times and they ARE hooked up correctly. So what could be causing the issue?

If it helps anyway I do have Nero ImageDrive installed, so maybe that is causing a problem. I will see what happens when I install it. But in the meantime I'd appreciate any help that can be offered. Thank you.

darnoc

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2003
I disabled Nero ImageDrive but the Plextor drive still isn't working. The from the Device Manager I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both drives again but it didn't fix the problem. So please, help me!

TRENDING THREADS