Restore recycle bin on desktop

I have tried both methods according to Microsoft but none work also tried
"Kelly Korners" download with no result any advice?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Jack Floris wrote:

> I have tried both methods according to Microsoft but none work also tried
> "Kelly Korners" download with no result any advice?

You might want to help others to help you by posting what two methods
according to Microsoft, you tried.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Use the Program That Removed the Recycle Bin to Restore the
Recycle Bin
If you used the TweakUI program to hide the Recycle Bin, follow these steps
to restore the Recycle Bin to the desktop: WARNING : If you use Registry
Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to
reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can
solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use
Registry Editor at your own risk. 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
4. In the right pane, right-click the following registry DWORD value,
and then click Modify:
{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
5. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK. (The TweakUI
utility sets this value to 1 to hide the Recycle Bin icon.)
6. Quit Registry Editor.

The Recycle Bin icon reappears on the Desktop.

Method 2: Edit the Registry to Restore the Recycle Bin
Note This procedure will not work if the system administrator used a Group
Policy to hide the Recycle Bin (or "All Icons") on the Desktop.

To edit the registry to make the Recycle Bin icon reappear on the desktop:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
4. Right-click the registry key that you located in step 3, point to
New, and then click Key.
5. Type {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}, and then press ENTER.
6. Click the new {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} key that you
created in step 5.
7. In the right pane, double-click the (Default) entry.
8. In the Edit String dialog box, type Recycle Bin in the Value data
box, and then click OK.
9. Quit Registry Editor.

The Recycle Bin icon reappears on the Windows desktop.

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Jack Floris wrote:
>
>> I have tried both methods according to Microsoft but none work also tried
>> "Kelly Korners" download with no result any advice?
>>

> You might want to help others to help you by posting what two methods
> according to Microsoft, you tried.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Set {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} to 0 in these locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu
(If you're using Classic Start Menu)

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User