Restore recycle bin on desktop

I have tried both methods according to Microsoft but none work also tried
"Kelly Korners" download with no result any advice?
3 answers Last reply
More about restore recycle desktop

    Jack Floris wrote:

    > I have tried both methods according to Microsoft but none work also tried
    > "Kelly Korners" download with no result any advice?

    You might want to help others to help you by posting what two methods
    according to Microsoft, you tried.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
    Method 1: Use the Program That Removed the Recycle Bin to Restore the
    Recycle Bin
    If you used the TweakUI program to hide the Recycle Bin, follow these steps
    to restore the Recycle Bin to the desktop: WARNING : If you use Registry
    Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to
    reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can
    solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use
    Registry Editor at your own risk. 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
    4. In the right pane, right-click the following registry DWORD value,
    and then click Modify:
    {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
    5. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK. (The TweakUI
    utility sets this value to 1 to hide the Recycle Bin icon.)
    6. Quit Registry Editor.

    The Recycle Bin icon reappears on the Desktop.

    Method 2: Edit the Registry to Restore the Recycle Bin
    Note This procedure will not work if the system administrator used a Group
    Policy to hide the Recycle Bin (or "All Icons") on the Desktop.

    To edit the registry to make the Recycle Bin icon reappear on the desktop:
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
    4. Right-click the registry key that you located in step 3, point to
    New, and then click Key.
    5. Type {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}, and then press ENTER.
    6. Click the new {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} key that you
    created in step 5.
    7. In the right pane, double-click the (Default) entry.
    8. In the Edit String dialog box, type Recycle Bin in the Value data
    box, and then click OK.
    9. Quit Registry Editor.

    The Recycle Bin icon reappears on the Windows desktop.

    "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Jack Floris wrote:
    >
    >> I have tried both methods according to Microsoft but none work also tried
    >> "Kelly Korners" download with no result any advice?
    >>

    > You might want to help others to help you by posting what two methods
    > according to Microsoft, you tried.
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Set {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} to 0 in these locations:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu
    (If you're using Classic Start Menu)

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User