How to Limit a User's desktop

June 26, 2005 9:33:49 PM

I am running a computer with Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
(build 2600).

I have created 2 users namely me and my wife. I have Administrator
access and my wife has limited access.

Wife only needs access to Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer. I would
therefore like to limit her desktop and program list to display only IE,
Word and our ISP icon. Is there any way to do this?

Under help it says that from USER ACCOUNTS you can "Customize the way
Windows and the Desktop look for each user on your computer".

The only things I can find under USER ACCOUNTS is to change the user's
picture, password, name, account type or delete the user. I cannot see
how to customize desktops for each user.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

More about : limit user desktop

June 26, 2005 9:33:50 PM

Just delete the items you do not want her to see from the Program list.
Since the list is composed of shortcuts, no harm will be done. But why not
just place shortcuts to those programs she will be using on the Desktop
and/or Pin to Start Menu and leave the rest alone. You do trust her not to
use the "other" programs, right?

--
Pavel

!