Please help (and yes, I have contacted msn support, but am still awaiting
their reply),

I've been trying to install the new msn toolbar (which I gather is not
available without the desktop search function) for several days now. Each
time it gets stuck during the second "Installing" screen, and each time I've
had to end the application in task manager, then, because it won't let me
remove it, I've had to restore the system (which involved a very slow
shutdown because of whatever it is still running). I'm fairly sure I'm free
of Spyware; and I suspect it might be an ISP network problem. Although it
has settled down now, when I first attempted all this, my downloads (of the
same item) were of different sizes! Now they are consistently the same, but
I don't know if their correct. While this has been going on, I have managed
to download and install a couple of other items, so I know it's not Firewall
corruption. So the first stage in solving this is my present posting...

Would anyone who has successfully installed the latest msn toolbar, and/or
msn messenger, English, U.K. versions (I'm not sure if there is a separate
U.K. messenger, actually?), and still has the downloads, please, please, post
the md5 checksums for them. Thank you.

--
JessJ
(XP Home SP/2 OEM. HDD1:Windows NTFS 60GB; Linux 20GB. HDD2: NTFS 40GB. P4

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

JessJ wrote:

> Please help (and yes, I have contacted msn support, but am still awaiting
> their reply),
>
> I've been trying to install the new msn toolbar (which I gather is not
> available without the desktop search function) for several days now. Each
> time it gets stuck during the second "Installing" screen, and each time I've
> had to end the application in task manager, then, because it won't let me
> remove it, I've had to restore the system (which involved a very slow
> shutdown because of whatever it is still running). I'm fairly sure I'm free
> of Spyware; and I suspect it might be an ISP network problem. Although it
> has settled down now, when I first attempted all this, my downloads (of the
> same item) were of different sizes! Now they are consistently the same, but
> I don't know if their correct. While this has been going on, I have managed
> to download and install a couple of other items, so I know it's not Firewall
> corruption. So the first stage in solving this is my present posting...
>
> Would anyone who has successfully installed the latest msn toolbar, and/or
> msn messenger, English, U.K. versions (I'm not sure if there is a separate
> U.K. messenger, actually?), and still has the downloads, please, please, post
> the md5 checksums for them. Thank you.

Might be best to ask in an msn newsgroup. Here is a list of all MS
newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User