Improving a sector's visibility

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

There should be a way to increase a sector's visibility numbers by
parking a zeppelin in a sector. Of course that sector would need to
have fuel and maybe bombs and guns, but it should give any sector
(even an 0% wilderness) view numbers something like 157% of a fully
improved sector to represent the increased distance to the horizon.
Doing so would be a big improvement in realism (and isn't that the
whole point?) and lower micromanagement with only a minor increase in
code complexity. Just my .02 USD.

- James
1 answer Last reply
More about improving sector visibility
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

    I don't see how "parking" a zeppelin could help, since the cockpit
    is on the bottom of them so there is virtually zero altitude gain.
    Perhaps if zeppelins or baloons had a launch ability, then when
    they are airborne they could be used like slow moving satellites.

    Bungy

    "James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > There should be a way to increase a sector's visibility numbers by
    > parking a zeppelin in a sector. Of course that sector would need to
    > have fuel and maybe bombs and guns, but it should give any sector
    > (even an 0% wilderness) view numbers something like 157% of a fully
    > improved sector to represent the increased distance to the horizon.
    > Doing so would be a big improvement in realism (and isn't that the
    > whole point?) and lower micromanagement with only a minor increase in
    > code complexity. Just my .02 USD.
    >
    > - James

Games Video Games