Sign in with
Your question

Win7 won't install USB device

Last response: in Windows 7
August 25, 2012 8:12:00 AM

Hi,

I've connected my USB microphone, but Windows tried to install it only once and said FAILED. I can't see my microphone now, and not sure what to do. I've checked Device Manager, there's that exclamation sign next to USB Audio Device, but when I click Update Drivers, it just says that Drivers are Up To Date.

I've tried installing Realtek HD Audio drivers instead, but they don't work - I can see in Control panel that they are installed, but they are nowhere to be seen on Windows, and didn't change anything after reboot.

Any ideas how can I get this USB mic working?

Thank you!
a b $ Windows 7
August 25, 2012 8:36:15 AM

Go to the (usb mic) manufacturer website and download the latest driver for it..

If there no driver, Try windows update with the device connected, see if there is driver for it, download it (sometimes it in optional download/updates)....

Did the device had Driver CD/DVD that came with it? try it if u cannot find the driver online..

Realtek HD audio only manage the audio port not the usb port so it cannot help your problems (since it usb device) ...

If it not recognised, most mobo/os will cut off the USB port power to help prevent unwanted thing happen..

m
l
August 25, 2012 8:39:40 AM

Thanks for the reply.

It's Blue Snowball mic - it doesn't have any drivers on the website, nor did any CD came with it. It works everywhere and on everyone's PC usually without any problems.

It was working fine a couple of days ago on my PC too, now I turn on my PC today, and it's not there anymore.

Windows can't find any updates for it either, automatically or manually, and fails to install it after trying to.

m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 25, 2012 10:10:36 AM

your usb hub driver may be damaged. if your mb has an intel chipset try installing the newest intel chipset drivers it may fix that damaged usb driver.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 25, 2012 1:26:43 PM

"....It was working fine a couple of days ago on my PC too..."

So it was worked before on the pc, did u change/install anything in the pc in those couple of days (prior not working)? try to uninstall the driver and let it reinstall again, see if it work....

Also try using diffrent port, and as smorizio said reinstall the chipset driver may helps...

btw is it was from blue microphone? (it said it will need serial numbers higher than 76-065000 to work on w7)
m
l
!