Sign in with
Your question

New 19" monitor for sign/graphic business?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 26, 2006 10:34:44 AM

My friend who runs a business...he still has all the old CRTs! One has just broken down so he asked me for a recommendation on 19" TFT. I am thinking Samsung SM970P, is it right one?
August 26, 2006 1:03:23 PM

Quote:
My friend who runs a business...he still has all the old CRTs! One has just broken down so he asked me for a recommendation on 19" TFT. I am thinking Samsung SM970P, is it right one?

970P cost more than others partly because of its fancy pants stand and bezel. I believe the 940T has the same panel for less money, an S-PVA.

The newer TN screens are better than before about color. If he want to spend even less, have him check out the 940BX (new model).
August 28, 2006 4:43:07 PM

Quote:

if your friend does color critical work in his signs / graphics business he may want to stay with S-IPS technology since this will give him the most accurate color reproduction.

Check out the NEC LCD1990FX or LCD1990SXi
August 28, 2006 6:37:35 PM

Thanks for replies.

He isn't too serious with colour as he has couple of standard CRT but is bit worried about the colour accurate on TFT so I think Samsung 940T is ok.

Also I'm looking to get 17" TFT for myself - it would be SM740T which has great contrast ratio and 16.7 m and I'm not a gamer but would 25ms be ok for general use such as scrolling bar, mouse movement etc?

By the way, where can I find the pro & con of each types? - PVA, TN, S-IPS etc
!