OCZ 3700EB : The new King of the hill!

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.html?i=2057" target="_new">Click!</A>

Wow! Very immpressive memory from OCZ and it works well with both Intel and AMD64. It's on my wish-list for my next upgrade!

--
Lookin' to fill that <font color=blue>GOD</font color=blue> shape hole!

CrucialLabs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I wonder if there is any incompatibility issues with motherboards using that speed of memory???

Crucial Performance Lab

www.crucial.com
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
cpl@micron.com

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
I wonder if there is any incompatibility issues with motherboards using that speed of memory???
It's possible to have issue with some board, it's a well known fact. Not all MB or chipset can run memory at these speed. If memory maker make these propucts it's because users can use them or want them.

The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
Are you a REAL expert? I mean, your point about compatibility issue is nothing new or instructive. And most people who will buy that type of memory know how to tweak BIOS settings and have done research to see if their MB/Chipset/CPU can handle high speed memory.

--
Lookin' to fill that <font color=blue>GOD</font color=blue> shape hole!

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Who knows? Maybe he does work for Crucial. The Epox tech runs around here once and a while too.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

ocztony

Distinguished
May 22, 2004
Well you have OCZ dropping by now...and before you ask my name is Tony and i do work for OCZ ;-)

Regarding the memory having issues working well that fast it does just fine, infact i have run my 3500 samples even faster than Wesley did on his review..

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Good, then discontinue your Performance PC3500 series memory and give me a refund! This stuff is good for a whole 1mhz over it's rated speed for FSB. Please dig me up some PC3700 Gold R2 and trade me even!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!