System Restore Shows Wrong System Drive

I have XP Home version and have had some unusual issue wth System Restore.
When I bring up utilities for system restore, it shows drive I as the system
drive instead of drive C.

I can sort of understand why this might happen because I installed a new 200
gig drive 5 months ago and made my old C drive I. My system tells me that C
is my boot drive and I am not having any real problems except with restore.
Looks like something is wrong in restor's database.

Can a person make some change somewhere to get restore to recognize C as the
system drive?

Hi,

Disabling, then enabling System Restore should fix it. Reboot in
between.
The only downfall is that all existing restore points will be deleted.
How to Disable and Enable System Restore
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/disablesr.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

dweagle wrote:
> I have XP Home version and have had some unusual issue
> wth System Restore. When I bring up utilities for system
> restore, it shows drive I as the system drive instead of
> drive C.
>
> I can sort of understand why this might happen because I
> installed a new 200 gig drive 5 months ago and made my
> old C drive I. My system tells me that C is my boot drive
> and I am not having any real problems except with
> restore. Looks like something is wrong in restor's
> database.
>
> Can a person make some change somewhere to get restore to
> recognize C as the system drive?

Thanks but I must have some other problem also. When I tried what you said, I
received a message that it was unable to turn off System Restore because it
could not disable 1 or more hard drives. I have C,E,F,G,H,I,J. I must have
something corrupted. If I boot from the XP CD and do a reinstall, would I
lose any programs or cause any other problems? Would that fix this issue?