ECS Poll

pat

Expert
Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

And now it is time for this year's first ECS (Empire Championship Series)
poll. The poll is based only upon the performance of the alliances in the
Twisted Mind 2K4 game. And like its lesser important cousin, the BCS, the
ECS is composed of several computer rankings, polls created by longstanding
Empire beat reporters, and three dunk coeds as the University of Southern
North Dakota at Hoople (forgive me Prof. Schickele).

Anyway, first the power chart:

- = [ Empire Power Report ] = -
as of Tue Oct 19 01:04:11 2004

sects eff civ mil shell gun pet iron dust oil pln ship unit money
Stardust 90 94% 0 16K 22K 1.4K 3.5K 0 0 0 90 270 140 120K
Manethere 145 96% 0 14K 14K 1.7K 3.6K 0 0 0 130 330 90 55K
Limbo 75 92% 0 5.0K 2.9K 520 1.4K 0 0 0 0 80 2 40K
FodderLLC 95 98% 0 19K 18K 2.4K 3.1K 0 0 0 0 240 190 345K
Thistle 125 98% 0 14K 21K 2.0K 4.2K 0 0 0 30 280 170 140K
Paranoia 120 99% 0 11K 8.5K 860 3.1K 0 0 0 120 280 100 90K
Enron 155 98% 0 20K 13K 920 4.5K 0 0 0 60 430 160 80K
Sealab 30 96% 0 6.5K 7.2K 530 0 0 0 0 0 30 0 255K
MunchMunc 2 74% 0 350 125 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 30K
Iceland 0 0% 0 50 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10 0 10K
Tiki 0 0% 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 20K
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
worldwide 835 97% 0 106K 106K 10K 24K 0 0 0 430 2.0K 850 1.1M

For those of you who are not aware of the alliance rules in this version
of Twisted Mind, players were forced into allying with their start island
co-habitator. They had no choice in this matter and they are at war with
everybody else.

On to the rankings. As mentioned, they are an average of a conglomeration
(oooooh, that's a big word) of several measuring sticks that I will never
reveal.

Ranked 6th in the ECS is Tiki/Temekula. It's been a hardy showing by
these two and they may be rewarded with an invitation to the Toilet Bowl
on December 30th in Camden New Jersey.

Moving up zero spots to 5th is MunchMunch/Iceland. These two went
down swinging with all the fight and spunk of live bait. Enjoy the holidays
at home with your families, guys.

The fourth spot in the polls is actually occupied by a viable alliance.
Well, at least one country is viable. FodderLLC/Sealab is a very peculiar
alliance. Sealab went AWOL for a few days and FodderLLC went on a self
preservation takeover. FodderLLC may just have enough ECS points to
qualify to play against himself in the Gemini Bowl in Twinsburg, Oh.

Of the top three alliance groups, all of them are top rated in at
least one of the polls making up the overall score. And the differences
between the three groups is staggeringly close. The third place team is
Enron/Paranoia. Said the team coach in the weekly teleconference call
"Next week we play the Illinois/Northwestern alliance. So we'll be able to
rest our regulars and be ready for the big homecoming game next weekend."

The number two spot is held by Stardust/Thistle. They complained
bitterly that the ECS poll did not take into account the proclivity of
their female civs to grow facial hair. One higher representative even
went so far as to say "What kind of lack of academics program are they
running over there at the ECS? Next thing you know they will not even
be looking at how much beer we spilled on our jerseys!"

And if you haven't figured it out yet by process of elimination, the
top spot this week is held by Manetheren/Limbo. "We owe it all to our fans
that week in and week out pack the stadium" said one assistant coach.
"The guys really rise up when the alliance fight song is sung - F&^K You,
F&^K You, F&^K You, F&^K You, F&^K You and that ugly girl you came with."

Can't wait to see what the poll will look like next week.

Pat
AKA Overlord

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Pat wrote:
<snip>

> FodderLLC may just have enough ECS points to
> qualify to play against himself in the Gemini Bowl in Twinsburg, Oh.

Gemini Bowl? Ooooooooo.....

<snip>

> Pat
> AKA Overlord