_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I just installed an 8 in 1 Memeory Card Reader/Writer. As per the instructions I installed the software prior to installing the device. The only thing to hook up on the device was the cable to my MB's USB2 header.

After powering up, I cannot find the device, nor can i find the memory card from my camera that is plugged into it.

Does anyone have any experience with these things? Is there something simple I'm missing?

ASUS P4PE
P4 2.66
1GB DDRAM
bunch-O-drives
XP Pro w/SP1 and all critical updates...
1 Gal. Coffee, black.

....WW (5.0)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Are you sure the USB connector wires are in the proper order?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Pretty sure they are...it's a molded 10-1 pin and matches the one I took off to disconnect ports 5&6 on an expansion slot.

I'll check the connection again and go through the mobo manual to see if this header has an on/off *switch*
But I didn't have any trouble when I used the header to connect a couple of front USB ports on an identical board a few weeks ago.

More troubleshooting required before I give up...:)

....WW (5.0)

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Went through BIOS, everything looked right. Rechecked the connection by unplugging and re-attaching it...everything is now fine. As usual, operator error is to blame..heh heh..

Ok, ok, move along now...nothing to see here folks...

....WW (5.0)