CD burning in XP SP2

June 26, 2005 7:06:02 PM

I recently built a 64 bit machine, I installed XP pro sp2 and I have never
been able to burn a cd. I have loaded nero and it tells me that nero needs
to have "burn rights" which I can not figure out how to grant. I can't even
burn a cd just using explorer and copying files to my burner. My burners are
installed correctly and have the latest drivers but I can't use them.

Any ideas?

More about : burning sp2

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 7:16:58 PM

In My Computer, or in Windows Explorer, right click the burner drive, choose
Properties and make sure the drive is enabled for recording.

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently built a 64 bit machine, I installed XP pro sp2 and I have never
> been able to burn a cd. I have loaded nero and it tells me that nero
> needs
> to have "burn rights" which I can not figure out how to grant. I can't
> even
> burn a cd just using explorer and copying files to my burner. My burners
> are
> installed correctly and have the latest drivers but I can't use them.
>
> Any ideas?

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 10:28:18 PM

There is a plug-in for Nero that allows you to assign burn rights to various
users. I loaded it to enable CD burning for all users on my PC--even
limited users. You should be able to burn a CD under an administrative
account even without this plug-in.

!