CD burning in XP SP2

I recently built a 64 bit machine, I installed XP pro sp2 and I have never
been able to burn a cd. I have loaded nero and it tells me that nero needs
to have "burn rights" which I can not figure out how to grant. I can't even
burn a cd just using explorer and copying files to my burner. My burners are
installed correctly and have the latest drivers but I can't use them.

Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about burning

    In My Computer, or in Windows Explorer, right click the burner drive, choose
    Properties and make sure the drive is enabled for recording.

    "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently built a 64 bit machine, I installed XP pro sp2 and I have never
    > been able to burn a cd. I have loaded nero and it tells me that nero
    > needs
    > to have "burn rights" which I can not figure out how to grant. I can't
    > even
    > burn a cd just using explorer and copying files to my burner. My burners
    > are
    > installed correctly and have the latest drivers but I can't use them.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    There is a plug-in for Nero that allows you to assign burn rights to various
    users. I loaded it to enable CD burning for all users on my PC--even
    limited users. You should be able to burn a CD under an administrative
    account even without this plug-in.
    "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently built a 64 bit machine, I installed XP pro sp2 and I have never
    > been able to burn a cd. I have loaded nero and it tells me that nero
    > needs
    > to have "burn rights" which I can not figure out how to grant. I can't
    > even
    > burn a cd just using explorer and copying files to my burner. My burners
    > are
    > installed correctly and have the latest drivers but I can't use them.
    >
    > Any ideas?

Burner CD-Rom Windows XP