Lite-On Sound Problem

SLalley

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
I have a Lite-On DVD/CD Read/Writer for my new system. I get sound just fine out of the back of the system and the Gigabyte intergrated sound. I get sound just fine out of a front port on the case. I get no sound out of the actual writers headset port. I was using headphones for each area.

Steve

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's a Windows XP thing, old operating systems would play the song as audio, the new ones treat the audio as data and pass the sound as data through the IDE cable. You might be able to get the CD to "play" normally (and therefor allow your front audio jack to work) if you turn off digital audio for that drive. You would do that in the general properties of the drive from device manager!

Another thing, if you DO disable digital audio for that drive, you'll need the 4-pin sound cable in order to hear CD's out of the OTHER ports.

So it's not a drive issue, but an OS issue, I bet you'd never thought of that!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>