Motocross Madness no bike sounds

dmf

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

I have started having problems with MCM2 not playing any bike sounds.
All other sound effects work fine. This problem has only surfaced over
the past few weeks on an XP Home based system that has not had problems
previously and is current with MS updates. I have reinstalled the
program but this has not helped.

I am also getting similar problems with a new installation of EA Games
FIFA 2004. Here all of the sounds appear to be in .asf format which
whilst I understand Windows MP10 should be able to play them, mine does
not seem to recognise the format. Are these events connected ??!?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

David

Hi,

There's an article for that problem on Microsoft's site, however
it says the solution is for WMP 9. Just the same, I would give
the download they have on this page a try ...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816044

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

<dmf@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:1110889352.485251.216830@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I have started having problems with MCM2 not playing any bike sounds.
> All other sound effects work fine. This problem has only surfaced over
> the past few weeks on an XP Home based system that has not had problems
> previously and is current with MS updates. I have reinstalled the
> program but this has not helped.
>
> I am also getting similar problems with a new installation of EA Games
> FIFA 2004. Here all of the sounds appear to be in .asf format which
> whilst I understand Windows MP10 should be able to play them, mine does
> not seem to recognise the format. Are these events connected ??!?
>
> Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
>
> David

dmf

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Thanks for your interest Jimmy

Unfortunately the patch only works on WMP 9.

Will keep hunting !

Regards

David

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
rights.

> <dmf@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> >I have started having problems with MCM2 not playing any bike
sounds.
> > All other sound effects work fine. This problem has only surfaced
over
> > the past few weeks on an XP Home based system that has not had
problems
> > previously and is current with MS updates. I have reinstalled the
> > program but this has not helped.
> >
> > I am also getting similar problems with a new installation of EA
Games
> > FIFA 2004. Here all of the sounds appear to be in .asf format which
> > whilst I understand Windows MP10 should be able to play them, mine
does
> > not seem to recognise the format. Are these events connected ??!?
> >
> > Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
> >
> > David

dmf

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Hi Jimmy

Had a bit more of a poke around the net and eventually found the
solution here :

http://www.d-a-l.com/help/archive/index.php/t-2203.html

Basically you have to use the DXDIAG command and move the DirectX Sound
Hardware Acceleration to 'Basic' and this solves the problem. Any
setting above this and the problem returns.

Hope this post adds to your pool of info.

Regards

David