Motocross Madness no bike sounds

I have started having problems with MCM2 not playing any bike sounds.
All other sound effects work fine. This problem has only surfaced over
the past few weeks on an XP Home based system that has not had problems
previously and is current with MS updates. I have reinstalled the
program but this has not helped.

I am also getting similar problems with a new installation of EA Games
FIFA 2004. Here all of the sounds appear to be in .asf format which
whilst I understand Windows MP10 should be able to play them, mine does
not seem to recognise the format. Are these events connected ??!?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

David
3 answers Last reply
More about motocross madness bike sounds

    Hi,

    There's an article for that problem on Microsoft's site, however
    it says the solution is for WMP 9. Just the same, I would give
    the download they have on this page a try ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816044

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    <dmf@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:1110889352.485251.216830@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have started having problems with MCM2 not playing any bike sounds.
    > All other sound effects work fine. This problem has only surfaced over
    > the past few weeks on an XP Home based system that has not had problems
    > previously and is current with MS updates. I have reinstalled the
    > program but this has not helped.
    >
    > I am also getting similar problems with a new installation of EA Games
    > FIFA 2004. Here all of the sounds appear to be in .asf format which
    > whilst I understand Windows MP10 should be able to play them, mine does
    > not seem to recognise the format. Are these events connected ??!?
    >
    > Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
    >
    > David

    Thanks for your interest Jimmy

    Unfortunately the patch only works on WMP 9.

    Will keep hunting !

    Regards

    David

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    rights.

    > <dmf@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > >I have started having problems with MCM2 not playing any bike
    sounds.
    > > All other sound effects work fine. This problem has only surfaced
    over
    > > the past few weeks on an XP Home based system that has not had
    problems
    > > previously and is current with MS updates. I have reinstalled the
    > > program but this has not helped.
    > >
    > > I am also getting similar problems with a new installation of EA
    Games
    > > FIFA 2004. Here all of the sounds appear to be in .asf format which
    > > whilst I understand Windows MP10 should be able to play them, mine
    does
    > > not seem to recognise the format. Are these events connected ??!?
    > >
    > > Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
    > >
    > > David

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Jimmy

    Had a bit more of a poke around the net and eventually found the
    solution here :

    http://www.d-a-l.com/help/archive/index.php/t-2203.html

    Basically you have to use the DXDIAG command and move the DirectX Sound
    Hardware Acceleration to 'Basic' and this solves the problem. Any
    setting above this and the problem returns.

    Hope this post adds to your pool of info.

    Regards

    David

Video Games